Solar Power In Ballarat, VIC, 3350
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in Victoria, including Ballarat (postcode: 3350) and the Ballarat region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout VIC.
Ballarat not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Ballarat
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Ballarat , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Ballarat region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly Victoria team on 133-SUN.
Ballarat's solar energy resources
On average, Ballarat receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.06 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Ballarat should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 22° to 32° and the optimal angle is 27°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Ballarat
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Ballarat and is based on components well suited to Ballarat area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Ballarat: 5.805 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 2.4894 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 9.0558 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2120 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $636 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Ballarat
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Ballarat: 11.61 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 4.9788 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 18.1116 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4241 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1272 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Ballarat
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Ballarat: 19.35 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 8.298 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 30.186 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7068 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2120 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Ballarat
Solar installations in Ballarat, VIC, 3350
There are 2191 solar PV installations in Ballarat's postcode, 3350, totaling 7190.86 kW of capacity. The 3350 postcode accounts for 0.143% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Ballarat area.
The average system size in Ballarat is 3.28kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Ballarat's postcode area are generating an average of 29195 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $262754 monthly and $3196841 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 3350 postcode is enough to fully power 1997 Australian homes.
Ballarat solar carbon offset
System owners in Ballarat's postcode are collectively avoiding 10656 tonnes (coal fired power) or 4262 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 1530 - 3825 cars off Ballarat's roads.
Other related Ballarat information
Ballarat's coordinates are -37.563318,143.863715 and its weather station is located at Ballarat. Ballarat weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Ballarat: 4.06 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 3.78 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.39 kPa
- Humidity: 61.57%
- Air temperature: 14.32 degrees C
- Earth temperature:15.23 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Ballarat
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Ballarat households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Ballarat and the Ballarat region. For more VIC solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in Victoria or call our Ballarat hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Ballarat
Join Ballarat's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Ballarat and the Ballarat region. Call our Victoria team on 133-SUN for more information.