On This Page
Balranald in New South Wales (NSW) is a charming outback town that effortlessly blends a rich history with the laid-back Aussie lifestyle. Surrounded by vast expanses of red dirt and the majestic Murrumbidgee River, Balranald is a haven for nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike.
The town’s heritage-listed buildings, including the iconic Courthouse and the Telegraph Station, stand as silent storytellers of times gone by.
Life in Balranald moves at its own unhurried pace, inviting visitors to embrace the simplicity of rural living. The nearby Yanga National Park provides a scenic escape, where you can witness a diverse array of wildlife and soak in the tranquillity of the Australian bush.
Nestled in the heart of Balranald’s serene surroundings, exploring sustainable energy solutions could seamlessly integrate into the town’s unhurried pace. Energy Matters offers an opportunity to discover solar options tailored to your needs, echoing the town’s commitment to embracing simplicity and a greener lifestyle. Get your FREE solar quotes today.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Balranald*
Total Installed Capacity in Balranald (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Balranald, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Balranald, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Balranald
The number of individuals in NSW converting to solar power has increased as a result of the state government’s initiatives to reduce costs and increase access to renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state will have built over 6,070 MW of solar electricity by 2038.
Locating the best solar installer in Balranald is the first step towards making the switch to solar power.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Balranald will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Balranald, NSW
The government of New South Wales provides subsidies and incentives to encourage the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-income families may be eligible for financial assistance to help cover the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You can still benefit from your energy-saving modifications even if you are not qualified for a Swap for Solar. If you replace your appliances, you may be eligible for a free home energy assessment worth up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who put solar panels on their houses may easily obtain STCs. The Australian Federal Government issues STCs, but their price is set by the market. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the overall quantity of these STCs will lower the value of the solar system as a whole.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Balranald
The following considerations should be made by Balranald property owners prior to installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Balranald, it’s critical to assess the state of your roof.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a given area is determined by the latitude of the home.
- Energy consumption: You must first calculate the amount of power you use each month to determine the number of solar panels you’ll need for your home. In this case, it is recommended that you look over your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees or other structures that cast shadows may reduce the efficiency of the solar panels on your roof. Before choosing a location for your solar system, consult your Balranald solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Balranald, NSW?
If you want to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels, you should use a solar battery in Balranald. Having a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy independence: By installing a solar battery system, Balranald residents can disconnect completely or partially from the grid.
- Blackout protection: Although Balranald seldom experiences power outages, solar batteries can help you be more prepared for any unplanned events. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the most well-liked solar battery models.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Balranald
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Balranald solar panels
A mid-range home in Balranald can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.