On This Page
Nestled in the picturesque Snowy Mountains of New South Wales (NSW), Cabramurra is a charming alpine village that sits at the highest elevation in Australia.
Known for its breathtaking landscapes and crisp mountain air, this cosy town offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With a population of just a few hundred residents, Cabramurra maintains a close-knit community feel, making it an ideal destination for those seeking tranquillity and a connection with nature.
Visitors to Cabramurra can enjoy outdoor activities year-round, from skiing and snowboarding in the winter to hiking and fishing in the warmer months. The town boasts a welcoming atmosphere, with local shops, cafes, and friendly faces ready to make every traveller feel right at home.
Amidst the pristine beauty of Cabramurra in the Snowy Mountains, where nature takes center stage, consider harnessing the power of the sun to complement the town’s sustainable ethos. Explore the possibility of solar energy solutions tailored to your needs with FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cabramurra*
Total Installed Capacity in Cabramurra (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Cabramurra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cabramurra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cabramurra
The number of individuals in NSW converting to solar power has increased as a result of the state government’s initiatives to cut prices and boost access to renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state will have built more than 6,070 MW of solar electricity by 2038.
Locating the best solar installer in Cabramurra is the first step towards making the switch to solar power.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Caringbah will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cabramurra, NSW
Incentives and subsidies are provided by the government of New South Wales to encourage the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Financial aid may be available to families with low incomes to help cover the cost of installing 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
Even if you aren’t qualified for a Swap for Solar, your energy-saving adjustments will still benefit you. If you replace your appliances, you may be eligible for a free home energy assessment worth up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who put solar panels on their houses may easily obtain STCs. The Australian Federal Government issues STCs, but their price is set by the market. Since each solar system is only permitted to have a specific number of STCs, the total number of STCs will lower the entire value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Cabramurra
The following factors should be considered by Cabramurra property owners prior to installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Cabramurra, it’s critical to assess the state of your roof.
- Roof angle: The latitude of a house tells you the ideal roof angle in a certain area.
- Energy consumption: You must first calculate the amount of power you consume each month to determine the number of solar panels your home will need. In this case, it is recommended that you look over your previous energy bills.
- Shade from surrounding structures: When trees or other structures cast shadows on your roof, the solar panels may not function as well. Before choosing a location for your solar system, consult with your Cabramurra solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery for your Cabramurra home?
The energy generated by your rooftop solar panels has to be stored, therefore you’ll need to use a solar battery in Cabramurra. Having a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy independence: By building a solar battery system, Cabramurra families can disconnect completely or partially from the grid.
- Blackout protection: Even though power outages are rare in Cabramurra, solar batteries can help you be better prepared for any unanticipated emergencies. The Tesla Powerwall is the most widely used type of solar battery.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cabramurra
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cabramurra solar panels
A mid-range home in Cabramurra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.