On This Page
Parkes in New South Wales (NSW) is popular for The Dish and the Parkes Elvis Festival. However, that’s not all there is as there are a lot of things to discover here that residents enjoy. The sculpture trail, Somewhere Down the Lachlan, is something to be experienced whilst Lake Cargelligo is perfect for many water activities. It’s safe to say that Parkes has it all!
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Parkes*
Total Installed Capacity in Parkes (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Parkes, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Parkes, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Parkes
Switching to solar energy in Parkes, NSW is an excellent idea. The first thing to do is to find the right solar installer that will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. Keep in mind that most solar installers in Parkes have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind or you don’t want to settle right away, it pays to compare solar installers first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Parkes. These are manufacturers that are financially stable that will likely honour their warranties. Plus, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Model Manufacturer list, which is released annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels have gone down over the years. Most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
In addition, we also recommend sizing up where possible. This is to prepare for the rapid electrification that will impact your future energy needs. By buying a bigger solar system in Parkes as early as now, you get to save more money. This also makes sense if you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Parkes, NSW
The NSW Government has made solar energy even more affordable in the state. Parkes residents can benefit from the following solar rebates and incentives:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Parkes may be eligible for Swap for Solar to help reduce their energy bills. Doing so will allow them to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Parkes instead. Doing so will allow you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to households and businesses in Parkes, NSW. You or your installer can trade them for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Parkes.
Keep in mind that the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners can receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system in Parkes.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer in Parkes will provide you FiTs when you export extra energy from their solar system back into the grid. This also means that the FiT rate will vary on your energy retailer.
The right solar system in Parkes
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Parkes, NSW:
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in the best condition before you get rooftop solar panels in Parkes installed.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof is crucial to the efficiency of your solar panels in Parkes. Ideally, it should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home, you can look into your previous energy bills to get an ideal of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s can impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Parkes when they cast shade. You can trim them down, and your solar installer will also help you find the best spot for your solar panels.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local solar installers in Melbourne who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Parkes, NSW?
With a solar battery in Parkes, you can look forward to a more reliable solar power at home. It will enable you to store the excess energy that you can use on overcast days throughout the night.
Here are some of the benefits of a solar battery in Parkes, NSW:
- Energy independence: Energy rates are increasing, and the electric grid isn’t stable enough. You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Parkes and even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Parkes rarely happen, but they can be inconvenient when they do. You can protect your home with a solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Parkes
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Parkes solar panels
A mid-range home in Parkes can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, which will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.