On This Page
The vibrant region of Shepparton in Victoria has a temperate climate, which makes it a great location to have solar panels installed. As a warm, thriving, and vibrant region, making an effort to switch to solar energy will help sustain a wonderful environment that can make living in Shepparton, VIC, even better.
Shepparton receives plenty of sunlight hours with very little shade, making it the perfect spot for solar. In Victoria, there are around 510,000 households with solar.
Solar panels thrive in areas like Shepparton, where sunlight is ample and shade minimal, making it an ideal location to contribute to sustainable living. If you’re curious about how solar could enhance your home’s energy efficiency, consider getting FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters to explore the potential without any pressure or commitment.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Shepparton*
Total Installed Capacity in Shepparton(kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Shepparton, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Shepparton, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Shepparton
When it comes to choosing the right solar panels for your home in Shepparton, VIC, it usually depends on what your solar installer will choose. Providing them with important information, such as your personal preference, energy needs, and budget, are important to help them determine the right one for you.
However, solar installers will already have a set of preferred solar panel manufacturers, and if the brand is a crucial consideration for you, then we highly suggest that you get multiple quotes first.
We recommend you choose select Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. Tier 1 manufacturers create high-quality solar panels. You can keep yourself updated with Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance’s Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system in Melbourne to meet your current and future needs.
Over the last ten years, solar panels have reduced significantly. Therefore, when it comes to your budget, you don’t need to worry so much about it. Additionally, there are solar rebates and incentives given to Shepparton, VIC residents, that will enable you to save more money and get a high return on investment.
To know the number of solar panels you need for your property, there are a few considerations you have to take. The condition of your roof, its angle, and the amount your local electrical network will allow you to install is important here.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Moreover, if you consume more energy or thinking of adding an electric vehicle or battery in the coming years, it would be a good idea to go for a bigger solar system.
This is something worth noting as future electricity needs will increase with electrification and the move to EVs. For this reason, we recommend sizing up where possible.
Solar rebates and incentives in Shepparton, VIC
As mentioned, Shepparton residents have access to solar rebates and incentives that will allow you to save more money in the future. What are these solar rebates and incentives you can take advantage of today?
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are a form of rebate you get from your solar system’s initial purchase price. When you install a solar system, you will receive a number of STCs. You can exchange STCs for about $40 and save you hundreds and thousands on your solar system.
Remember that the number of STCs you receive will depend on the expected solar system energy output throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Shepparton, VIC may also receive a rebate of up to $1,4000 off the solar panel (PV) system cost. Those eligible households with solar battery systems may also claim a battery rebate up to $2,950, while those with solar hot water system may get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Excess energy produced by your solar system has to go somewhere, which will go to the grid. You will be compensated through FiTs for every kWh of power exported.
In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs—a single rate tariff and a time-varying tariff. The single rate FiT applies one rate for all energy produced. On the other hand, the time-varying FiT applies different rates at different times of the day.
You can earn the highest FiT at peak times, which is between 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Shepparton
To get the best solar system for your Shepparton property, here are a few factors to consider:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in good shape before you have a solar system installed on your roof. A roof inspection can help you with this, and if there are any repairs or renovations that need to be done, have them done first before you have solar panel installation in Shepparton, VIC.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle should be tilted at the same angle equal to the latitude of the location of your property.
- Energy consumption: Determine your average monthly energy consumption by looking over past energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: The trees on your property or in your neighbour’s property can impact your solar system’s efficiency. Make sure they won’t compromise your rooftop solar panels and have trees trimmed back. Your solar installer will also find the best possible location for your solar panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Shepparton, VIC?
In Shepparton, a home solar battery storage will let homeowners store energy generated buy the solar panels that they can use throughout the night or on overcast days. Whilst a solar storage battery isn’t the most affordable option today, it has a lot of benefits, such as :
- Energy independence: The electric grid is unstable and there is also an increase in electricity rates. Hence, solar battery storage will help reduce your reliance on the grid as it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Shepparton are rare, but when they happen, they can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many batteries today that can power your house whilst your street doesn’t have power. With solar panels in Shepparton, they will continue to charge your battery throughout the day, which you can use throughout the night.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Shepparton.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Shepparton
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Shepparton. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Shepparton solar panels
For a mid-range home in Shepparton, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.