Ampair 600W 230V Wind Turbine with SMA Sunny Boy 1100 Grid Connect Inverter
The Ampair 600-230 is designed for connecting to 230V 50Hz grid systems operated by public utilities. It is ordinarily connected on the client's side of the electrical utility supply meter and is ideally connected into the consumer unit (fuse board). Electricity generated by the wind turbine is then used in preference to electricity supplied the public utility. If more electricity is required by the client then extra supply comes in from the utility, and if more is generated than is consumed on site then the surplus is exported to the utility.
System Comprises Following Components
- Ampair 600 230V 2 years warranty
- SMA inverter 5 year comprhensive warranty standard
Ampair600 230V Technical Specifications
|Voltage ||230 V AC battery charging |
|Reference power at 11.0 m/s(24.6mph) ||698 W (into battery) |
|Reference annual energy at 5.0 m/s ||1232 KWh/yr; 25 KAh/yr |
|Cut in wind speed ||3.0 m/s |
|Cut out wind speed ||n/a |
|Maximum power ||730 W |
|Maximum voltages ||230 V nominal |
|Maximum current ||3.2 A |
|Power form ||230V AC single phase 50Hz |
|Power input ||< 0.1 W sleep, < 4W standby |
|Rotor swept area ||2.27 m² |
|Generator output ||3-phase AC (to external rectifier) |
|Turbine diameter ||1.70 m |
|Over speed control ||Blade pitch control and dump load |
|Weight ||16.0 kg |
|Construction ||Powder coated die aluminium body; 3 blades of GRP construction |
|Generator ||Direct drive NeFeBr permanent magnet generator producing three phase |
|Noise ||Max 1-3 dBA above back |
|Longevity ||Expected 15 Year operational life |
Quality and Safety
- Where relevant the Ampair , Aquair , and UW systems conform to the following standards:
- G83/1: Recommendations for the connection of small-scale embedded generators (up to 16A per phase) in parallel with public low-voltage distribution networks.
- BS EN 61400 part 2 (1996): Wind turbine generator systems: Design requirements of small wind systems
- BS EN IEC 60335-1 (1994): Safety Of Household Electrical Appliances
- LV Directive 73/23/EC: EU Low Voltage Directive
- WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC: EU Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Directive
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC: EU Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
- EMC Directive 89/336/EC: EU Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive.
The Ampair 600 system includes a range of mounting systems for land and marine use. The only marine mount that we recommend is the stern mount kit co-developed by Ampair and Scanstrut. On land the same stern mount can be used and we also offer a wide range of other mountings:
- Steel unguyed masts of 8m and 10m in height with options for hinged or unhinged access; and for flange mounted or rooted foundations.
- Wooden unguyed 10m and 13m telegraph poles and conversion kits.
- Guyed steel masts from 12m.
- Non penetrating flat roof mounts of 5m height.
- Various mounts suitable for fixing on to suitable vertical structures.
SMA Sunny Boy 1100Watt Grid Connect Inverter
The Sunny Boy SB 1100 is one of the most sophisticated and high quality inverters on the market. Featuring German engineering the inverter will help to achieve the optimum match between the solar generators output power and the inverters input power.
The compact SB 1100 inverter has proven particularly successful with more than 30,000 units sold worldwide. Packed full of innovative technologies, this Sunny Boy also features the international SMA grid guard interface. This ensures maximum reliability when operating the solar power system and enables electricity to be fed into mains grids anywhere in the world.
The Sunny Boy SB 1100 is the perfect grid connect inverter for a 1KW solar installation. It is easy to install which will help to reduce your installation costs and it is one of the most efficient on the market. Join the solar revolution today with the Sunny Boy SB 1100. The Inverter features an LCD display which by simply tapping turns on to show you, your solar systems output.
Use the SB 1100 for small starter systems, educational, or demonstration projects. Field configurable for three output power ranges, this small inverter will allow a PV installation with as few as three solar modules. It's great to fill tight spaces, or as a solution for challenging roof topologies.
| Input Characteristics |
|Recc maximum PV power ||1350 Wp |
|Maximum DC power ||1210 W |
|Maximum DC voltage ||400 V |
|PV-voltage range, MPPT ||139V - 400V |
|Maximum input current ||10 A |
|DC voltage ripple ||< 10 % |
|Max number of strings parallel ||2 |
|DC disconnection ||Snap cable connections |
|Thermally monitored varistors ||Yes |
|Ground fault monitoring ||Yes |
|Reverse polarity protection ||Short circuit diode |
|Output Characteristics |
|Max AC power ||1100 W |
|Nominal AC power ||1000 W |
|THD of grid current ||< 4% |
|Default range of AC voltage ||198 V - 260 V |
|Possible range of AC voltage ||180 V - 265 V |
|AC frequency ||49.5 Hz - 50.2 Hz |
|Possible range of AC frequency ||45.5 Hz - 54.5 Hz |
|Phase shift ||1 |
|Short circuit proof ||Yes, current control |
|Connection to utility ||AC plug |
|Maximum Efficiency ||93% |
|Mechanical Characteristics |
|Dimensions ||320W x 320H x 180D mm |
|Weight ||21 kg |
Sunny Boy Benefits
- Ensure your solar installation is at its most efficient with a high quality SMA inverter.
- Features a display so you can monitor how your solar array is performing.
- Simple installation to reduce installation costs.
- Help reduce the amount of greenhouse gases emitted.
Quality and Safety
- Emission standard: DIN EN 61000-6-3:2002-08
- Utility interference: DIN EN 61000-3-3:2002-12, DIN EN 61000-6-2:2002-08
- Safety: DIN EN 50178:1998-04
- Semi conductor-converter: DIN EN 60146-1-1:1994-03
Downloads and Manuals
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 30 November, 1999.