National register of solar panel and battery installations gets underway

Home solar power and battery installations will be included in a new national register of distributed energy resources. The Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) says the register will give network businesses a valuable window into the electricity market. It’s scheduled for completion by December 1, 2019. The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) will set up […]

Wind and solar power are unstoppable, even without government support: Deloitte report

Australian wind and solar power are booming despite the Australian government’s retreat on carbon emissions and energy policy, a Deloitte report claims. The ‘Global Renewable Energy Trends’ report also says Australia enjoys the lowest global cost for solar panels. South Australia and China are named as cheapest locations for concentrated solar generation. Renewables have now […]

Property owners clean energy guide lays out cost-saving options

A new, easy to use property owners clean energy guide sets out the options and financial benefits of clean energy for property owners and managers. Produced by the Property Council of Australian and the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, the ‘Distributed Energy in the Property Sector’ guide suggests practical, clean energy options for property owners and […]

Clean Energy Council’s 100th approved solar retailer

The Clean Energy Council (CEC) is celebrating its 100th Approved Solar Retailer under a scheme designed to give customers safe choices. The Approved Solar Retailer program helps Australians choose a solar company committed to safe, quality solar installations. As a result customers receive a minimum five-year whole-of-system product warranty. They also enjoy customer service over […]

Victoria takes the lead on state solar installation subsidies

Recent developments show that Victoria is leading the pack when it comes to state solar installation subsidies. The Andrews Government’s Solar Homes scheme announced in August is a glittering carrot dangled by a government facing a November election. But when it comes to solar energy policy, let’s accept that the ends may have to justify […]

California signs bill for 100% clean energy by 2045

California has made into law an ambitious bill mandating a target of 100% clean energy, reports PV Magazine. Governor Jerry Brown signed the SB100 bill this week, which stipulates targets of 60 per cent clean energy by 2030 and the remaining 40 per cent by 2045. The state has also been progressing renewable energy targets for […]

New Victorian regulations to prevent overshadowing solar panels

The Victorian state government has announced regulations to prevent overshadowing solar panels by new developments. The new rulings will apply under amendments to the Victorian Planning Provisions and will come into effect in late September of 2018. This means that in the future all planning schemes will need to consider how new developments impact on neighbouring […]

Victorian homeowners to get half price solar batteries in renewable roll-out

The Victorian state government will provide half price solar batteries for 10,000 households if re-elected in November. The $40 million energy storage plan is part of the Andrews Government’s Solar Homes initiative. The subsidised solar program has received more than 9,000 applications since it opened on August 19. Eligible homeowners will therefore save up to […]