On This Page
Seven Hills in New South Wales (NSW) is a safe area that is an ideal place to raise a family. There is a lot of greenery here, which makes it a great spot for those who enjoy the outdoors. In addition, there are a lot of good schools here with a convenient transportation system.
For those interested in sustainable living, exploring solar options could further enhance the eco-friendly appeal of this community. Consider exploring solar quotes from reputable providers like Energy Matters to seamlessly integrate renewable energy solutions into your home.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Seven Hills*
Total Installed Capacity in the Seven Hills (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Seven Hills, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Seven Hills, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Seven Hills
Seven Hills is one of the suburbs in NSW that are now switching to solar energy. There are around 14 per cent of homes here with rooftop solar panels installed.
With that, there are many solar installers in Seven Hills you can choose from, which can be overwhelming. That’s why it’s important to take the time to find the perfect one for them. A good solar installer will ensure that your energy needs, personal preference, and budget will be met.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to produce higher quality solar panels and honour their warranties.
You can find them in Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Seven Hills have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it’s important you take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend is to buy a bigger solar system. Australia’s electrification is going at a fast pace, which may impact your future energy needs. With a bigger solar system in Seven Hills, you can guarantee you can accommodate your energy needs, especially if you are planning to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Seven Hills, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households can still get solar energy through Swap for Solar. This will let them swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
In case you’re not eligible for a Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. With this, you can get home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
A solar system in Seven Hills means you can get STCs. You can trade them in exchange for a discount on the upfront installation cost of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, they will also be the ones to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Seven Hills
There are several important things to consider to get the right rooftop solar panels in Seven Hills. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Seven Hills.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Seven Hills property, you should clearly know your average monthly energy consumption. You can do this by looking into previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Seven Hills will also help find the perfect spot for your rooftop PV panels.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Seven Hills, NSW?
When you have a home solar battery storage in Seven Hills, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you will have power on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night.
- Energy independence: A solar system in Seven Hills can help you reduce grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Seven Hills, yet there’s nothing wrong with being prepared. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Seven Hills
The NSW Government is also making EVs more affordable by reducing their upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Seven Hills solar panels
A mid-range home in Seven Hills can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.