On This Page
Albany Creek s a suburb in Queensland (QLD) that evokes a country feel. It is one of the friendliest suburbs in Brisbane. Plenty of local cafes, parks, schools, and other amenities here make it a perfect place to raise a family.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Albany Creek*
Total Installed Capacity in Albany Creek (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Albany Creek, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Albany Creek, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Albany Creek
Queensland is on the right track to reach its 50 per cent renewable capacity goal by 2030. Based on a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER), over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across the state.
This also means that electrification is sweeping across the country fast, which will impact future energy needs. Hence, now is the perfect time to switch to solar energy whilst it’s affordable and accessible.
Fortunately, you can choose from many solar installers in Albany Creek. Since it’s crucial you find the right solar system for you, your first step in your journey is to find the right solar installer in Albany Creek.
Energy Matters recommends choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems equipped with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move. This will better prepare you for the changes to your energy needs in the future. When you get a bigger solar system now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Albany Creek, QLD
Despite the lack of statewide rebate, homeowners in Albany Creek can take advantage of nationwide solar rebates and incentives that will help them save more money on rooftop solar panels.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Get significant discounts on the upfront costs of your rooftop solar panels in Albany Creek with STCs. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Albany Creek
There are a few things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Albany Creek, QLD.
- Roof condition: Ensure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Albany Creek.
- Roof angle: Your roof’s angle should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the number of solar panels you need for your home by looking into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you get your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees surrounding your property may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Albany Creek. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Albany Creek will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Albany Creek will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Albany Creek, QLD
If you have a solar battery in Albany Creek, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Albany Creek will reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Prepare for blackouts in Albany Creek with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Wynnum back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Middle Park, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Albany Creek
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Albany Creek.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Albany Creek:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Albany Creek solar panels
For a mid-range home in Albany Creek, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.