On This Page
Alexandra Hills in Queensland (QLD) is a great suburb with schools, shops, parklands, and a good transportation system. It is also near the CBD.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Alexandra Hills*
Total Installed Capacity in Alexandra Hills (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Alexandra Hills, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Alexandra Hills, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Alexandra Hills
In Queensland, more than 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built, according to a report by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER). The state of Queensland is on track to meet its 2030 target of 50% renewable capacity.
Australia’s electrification will have an impact on its future energy needs. Since your home now has the largest demand for solar panels, you should switch to solar energy.
With the aid of Energy Matters, you will be able to find the right solar installer in Alexandra Hills.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Alexandra Hills, QLD
In Queensland, there are no rebates for solar energy. When installing rooftop solar panels, homeowners are eligible for federal and state solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs lower the initial costs associated with installing rooftop solar systems. You may receive less or more STCs, though, depending on the size and positioning of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Alexandra Hills
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Alexandra Hills, take into account the following:
- Roof condition: Before having rooftop solar panels put in Alexandra Hills, your roof should be in good shape.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house should correspond to the local latitude.
- Energy consumption: Examine your most recent energy bills to establish how much energy you typically use each month in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you need for your home.
- Surrounding shade: Your rooftop solar panels in Alexandra Hills may perform less efficiently if there are nearby trees that provide shade. Find the ideal location for your rooftop solar system by consulting your Alexandra Hills solar installer.
Your solar installer in Alexandra Hills will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Alexandra Hills, QLD
You can use a solar battery in Alexandra Hills, Queensland to store the electricity your rooftop solar panels produce. Other advantages are:
- Energy independence: A solar battery could boost Alexandra Hills homes’ energy independence. Furthermore, solar energy may be able to supply all of your home’s energy requirements.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you could employ to safeguard your Alexandra Hills property from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Alexandra Hills back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Alexandra Hills, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Alexandra Hills
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Alexandra Hills.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Alexandra Hills:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Alexandra Hills solar panels
For a mid-range home in Alexandra Hills the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.