On This Page
Armidale is surrounded by the richest lands in the country and is known for its fresh produce. It is one of the best places to have solar panels installed. It is also known as a university town and one of the most elegant regional cities today. The area experiences cool breezes in the summer and vibrant autumn that perfectly matches its leafy streets.
Armidale receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, and there are around 15 per cent of households that have solar panels installed on their roofs. The Northern Tablelands region, where Armidale is located, has 3,614 solar PV panels installed under 10kW with a collective capacity of 20,867 kW.
For those considering joining this sustainable movement, exploring solar solutions could be a thoughtful choice. Companies like Energy Matters offer free solar quotes, allowing residents to explore the benefits of solar energy without any commitment, blending seamlessly with Armidale’s commitment to a greener, brighter future.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Armidale*
Total Installed Capacity in Armidale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Armidale, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Armidale, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Armidale
Your personal preference, energy needs, and budget are the three most important things you need to consider to find the right solar panels for your Armidale property. However, if you’re particular with the brand, you need to know that solar installers in Armidale already have their preferred solar manufacturers. Therefore, you must collect multiple quotes from solar installers in Armidale, NSW.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels. These are financially-stable solar panel manufacturers, which means they can honour your warranties. At the same time, they are known to deliver higher-quality solar panels.
Bloomberg New Energy Finance releases a Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list every year. Therefore, you might want to check it out to get an idea about Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturers.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Now, when it comes to the solar panel size for your home, you need to consider the amount of energy allowable by your local electricity network. For most homes in NSW, the solar system is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. Furthermore, if you consume more energy than the average-sized home in Armidale, or if you plan to get an Electric Vehicle (EV) or solar battery, you need to consider a bigger solar system.
We recommend you size up as much as possible. Additionally, electrification is here and will be more widespread in the future; thus, sizing up makes a lot of sense and will help you save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Armidale, NSW
The NSW Government is making efforts to make solar energy more affordable than ever. They provide solar incentives and Armidale residents can also receive Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs) and Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs).
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Armidale can be eligible for the Swap for Solar. This will help reduce energy bills by letting homeowners in Armidale swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Armidale households not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will let homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians are eligible to get STCs. The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and small businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value depends on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar PV system is assigned a specific number of STCs and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the system’s overall value.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are paid by energy providers to homeowners when they export their excess energy into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Armidale
Here are the other factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system for your Armidale property:
- Roof condition: Your roof condition should be in excellent shape. Have a roof inspection done before you have your solar panels in Armidale installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof angle should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the right solar panel size for your home in Armidale, NSW. You need to get an idea of your monthly energy consumption. Look at your previous energy bills to gauge the average amount you pay for your energy every month.
- Surrounding shade: Shadings, such as trees, structures, and shrubbery surrounding your property, can compromise the efficiency of your solar panels in Armidale, NSW. The good news? Your solar installer will find the best location for your solar panels in Armidale.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Armidale, NSW?
In Armidale, a home solar battery storage will let homeowners store energy generated buy the solar panels that they can use throughout the night or on overcast days. Whilst a solar storage battery isn’t the most affordable option today, it has a lot of benefits, such as :
- Energy independence: The electric grid is unstable and there is also an increase in electricity rates. Hence, solar battery storage will help reduce your reliance on the grid as it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Armidale are rare, but when they happen, they can be inconvenient. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many batteries today that can power your house whilst your street doesn’t have power. With solar panels in Armidale, they will continue to charge your battery throughout the day, which you can use throughout the night.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Fortunately, there are many brands and types of solar batteries you can get inArmidale.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Armidale
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the Ev should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Armidale solar panels
A mid-range home in Armidale can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers in Armidale will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your home, meeting property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.