On This Page
Arundel in Queensland (QLD) is a beautiful suburb on the outskirts of the Gold Coast. It is a peaceful and quiet neighbourhood that is close to everything. The streets are lined with beautiful trees that bring a sense of tranquillity to their residents.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Arundel*
Total Installed Capacity in Arundel (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Arundel, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Arundel, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Arundel
Solar energy is booming in the sunshine state with the growing number of small-scale PV installations. The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) has recorded over 900,000 small-scale systems installed across the state at the start of 2023.
On the other hand, the QLD government, despite the lack of a state rebate, continues to make efforts to make renewable energy sources more available and affordable to homeowners. Thus, Queensland is right on track to reach its goal of 50 per cent renewable energy generation capacity by 2030.
Now is the best time to start your solar journey, and you can kickstart it by finding a solar installer in Arundel. You can find a lot of solar installers in Arundel today, which can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which will let them honour their warranties. Additionally, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system, especially as electrification speeds up across the state. Your energy needs are bound to change, and you can prepare for it by getting a bigger rooftop solar system in Arundel. Even better, this can save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Arundel, QLD
As mentioned, there is no state rebate available in Queensland. Still, you can take advantage of nationwide rebates and incentives to save more money on rooftop solar panels in Arundel.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can help reduce the overall upfront cost of your solar system. You can trade them for cash, but the amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Arundel.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by your chosen energy retailer when you export excess energy into the grid. It is your energy retailer who will set the FiT rates.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Arundel
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Arundel today, you need to consider a few things. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Arundel. A professional roof inspector can help you with this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your Arundel home, go over your previous energy bills. This will provide you with information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that can compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Arundel. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Arundel will help find the best spot for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Arundel will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Arundel?
A solar battery in Arundel will let you stop energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. You can also reap the benefits below:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Arundel. Even better, it can make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: There are many solar batteries in Arundel, and one of them is the Tesla Powerwall, which can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Buderim back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Arundel, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Arundel
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Arundel. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Arundel solar panels
For a mid-range home in Arundel, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.