On This Page
Asquith in New South Wales (NSW) is a friendly suburb, which is why many families choose to settle here. It is also close to shops and has many amenities that leave plenty of things to do.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Asquith*
Total Installed Capacity in Asquith (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Asquith, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Asquith, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Asquith
Small-scale PV system installations are growing alongside large-scale solar projects in the state. The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates that the total installed capacity of PV systems in the state will be 6,070 MW for residential properties by 2038.
The NSW government continues to make solar accessible and affordable, which is why there is a stronger demand for rooftop solar panel installations today. With this, now is the time to switch to solar.
You can start your solar journey by finding the right solar installer in Asquith. There are many solar installers in Asquith today, and you’ll likely find one that will suit your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones who can honour their warranties because of their high bankability. These manufacturers are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system equipped with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a good idea. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace in the country, which will impact your future energy needs. By getting a bigger solar system as early as now, you can save more money in the long run. This also prepares you for changes in your energy consumption, especially with the rise of solar batteries and electric vehicles.
Solar rebates and incentives in Asquith, NSW
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar is designed for low-income households in NSW, allowing them to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system, including installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those not eligible for a Swap for Solar may still get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Those in Australia with solar systems installed are eligible to get STCs that can be traded for a discount on the upfront solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid from your solar system.
The right solar system in Asquith
You need to consider a few things when installing rooftop solar panels in Asquith:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in its best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Asquith.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Asquith, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Asquith will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Asquith, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Asquith, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels that you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Asquith. It can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can have power even during a blackout with a solar battery at home, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Asquith
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Asquith solar panels
A mid-range home in Asquith can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.