On This Page
Auburn in New South Wales (NSW) is a suburb that prides itself as one of the most multicultural communities in the country. A high percentage of immigrants from various countries live in the suburb.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Auburn*
Total Installed Capacity in Auburn (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Auburn, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Auburn, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Auburn
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates that the total installed capacity of PV systems in NSW will be 6,070 MW for residential properties by 2038. This is a strong indicator that many homeowners (and business owners) are taking advantage of solar power today.
This is no surprise, considering that the state is known for its large-scale solar projects. The NSW Government’s efforts to make solar widely-available, accessible, and affordable are also one of the reasons solar energy is booming across the state.
It’s apparent that now is the best time to make the switch to solar. In Auburn, your first step is to find the right solar installer. The right solar installer in Auburn will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Many solar installers in Auburn can make the process overwhelming. Don’t worry, we can help you out.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. With their high bankability, you can guarantee they will honour their warranties. Plus, they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. As electrification sweeps across the country, getting a bigger solar system as early as now makes sense. This is because, eventually, your energy needs will be impacted. Many homeowners are now experiencing its impact on their energy needs, especially with the emergence of electric vehicles and solar batteries.
When you get a bigger solar system now, whilst they are affordable, you can save a lot of money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Auburn, NSW
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar is aimed at low-income households in the state. Eligible homeowners may swap their Low-Income Household Rebate and get a 3kW solar system in return, including installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. It provides free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
When you have a solar system in Australia, you can get STCs that you can trade for a discount on the upfront costs of your solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid from your solar system.
The right solar system in Auburn
You need to consider a few things when installing rooftop solar panels in Auburn:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in its best condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Auburn.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Auburn, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Auburn will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Auburn, NSW?
When you have a solar battery in Auburn, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels that you can use throughout the night, during blackouts or overcast days.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Auburn. It can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can have power even during a blackout with a solar battery at home, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Auburn
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Auburn solar panels
A mid-range home in Auburn can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.