On This Page
Bahrs Scrub in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb with a rural lifestyle. It’s a family-friendly place, and most locals call it a hidden gem. It is centrally located between Gold Coast and Brisbane, with an abundance of green reserves.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bahrs Scrub*
Total Installed Capacity in Bahrs Scrub (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bahrs Scrub, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bahrs Scrub, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bahrs Scrub
Queensland is among the states in Australia that are transitioning to solar energy. And in Bahrs Scrub, many homeowners and business owners are installing rooftop solar panels to take advantage of solar power.
Indeed, finding the right solar installer in Bahrs Scrub may be challenging. With so many solar installers in Bahrs Scrub to choose from, many people find it difficult to find the one who will consider their energy needs, personal preference, and budget. Fortunately, Energy Matters can help you with that.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their excellent reputation in producing higher-quality solar panels. In addition, they are also known to honour their warranties.
Finding these manufacturers is easy—all you need to do is check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly.
Most solar installers in Bahrs Scrub have a preferred solar panel manufacturer, which is also why it gets tricky to find the right one for you. This is why we highly recommend taking the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have a solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Homeowners and business owners should also consider sizing up where possible. This means getting a bigger solar system in Bahrs Scrub initially to make way for further electrification that is sweeping all over the country that will impact everybody’s future energy needs.
A bigger solar system in Bahrs Scrub as early as now will save you more money in the long run. This also makes room for a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bahrs Scrub, QLD
The Queensland government doesn’t offer any solar rebates at the moment. However, this doesn’t mean homeowners and business owners in Bahrs Scrub won’t be able to get incentives when they install rooftop solar panels. You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are one of the solar incentives provided today for those who have solar systems on their properties. These can be redeemed for cash and deducted from the solar system’s overall cost. However, the amount of STCs will vary depending on the size and location of the rooftop solar panels in Bahrs Scrub.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are solar incentives provided by your energy retailer. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid. The FiT rates vary depending on the energy retailer, which is why you should compare energy retailers to get the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Bahrs Scrub
You also need to consider a few important factors before installing rooftop solar panels in Bahrs Scrub. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bahrs Scrub. Therefore, we recommend you hire a professional roof inspector to get this done.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Bahrs Scrub, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. To get this information, look into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Bahrs Scrub. What you can do is trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Bahrs Scrub will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Bahrs Scrub will also design a solar system to let you maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Bahrs Scrub?
When you have a solar battery in Bahrs Scrub, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you can have power even during blackouts, overcast days, or at night.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and achieve energy independence with a solar battery in Bahrs Scrub. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient with it.
- Blackout protection: It’s not all the time that Bahrs Scrub gets blackouts; in fact, it’s a rare occurrence. However, it may still happen and any time without power is a major inconvenience. A solar battery like the Tesla Powerwall can guarantee that you have power no matter what.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Bahrs Scrub back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Bahrs Scrub today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bahrs Scrub
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Bahrs Scrub. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Bahrs Scrub:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bahrs Scrub solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bahrs Scrub, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.