On This Page
Close to Sydney’s CBD, Barangaroo in New South Wales (NSW) showcases an urban lifestyle. Its streets are lined with retail complexes and high-end restaurants, perfect for individuals and families who want to be in the middle of it all. Barangaroo is being shaped to be the most exciting neighbourhood in Sydney soon, and you don’t want to miss out on this.
Like most cities and suburbs in Australia, Barangaroo’s residents and business owners have started exploring their solar energy options. If you’re one of them, we will guide you have the best solar system for your home.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Barangaroo*
Total Installed Capacity in Barangaroo (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Barangaroo, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Barangaroo, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Barangaroo
The first step you need to take is to find the right solar installer in Barangaroo, NSW. This is because the right one will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, comparing several quotes first and not settling with the first solar installer you talk to is important.
Most solar installers in Barangaroo have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. So, shopping around before you make a decision is best.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones that are financially-stable that and will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who these manufacturers are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
One thing that makes solar energy more appealing these days is that the costs of solar panels continue to reduce significantly.
For most homes in NSW, the solar system size is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend getting a bigger solar system size to support the pace of electrification today that will impact your future energy needs.
By getting a bigger solar system, you can accommodate more in the future without spending more money. This is also an excellent move if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Barangaroo, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Barangaroo may be eligible for the Swap for Solar. This helps reduce energy bills by allowing homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
For homeowners in Barangaroo that are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades instead. This helps homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are available for all Australians with solar systems in their homes. They are given to households and small businesses, yet their value will depend on their supply and demand in the open market. With that, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and their total value will be deducted from the total system value.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given by energy retailers to homeowners when they export excess energy into the grid. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rate. For this, we recommend you compare energy retailers to find the one that will provide you with the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Barangaroo
There are important factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Barangaroo, NSW. What are they?
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in excellent condition first before you have rooftop solar panels in Barangaroo installed. Have it checked by a professional first to ensure that everything is sorted out and there won’t be any problems in the future.
- Roof angle: The ideal angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. From there, you’ll get an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or surrounding areas may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Barangaroo. Trim back the trees as much as possible. Your solar installer will also help you find the right location for your solar system whilst considering the shaded areas.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Barangaroo, NSW?
A home solar battery will enable you to store excess energy generated by your solar system. Therefore, you’ll have the energy to power your home throughout the night or on cloudy days. Here are the benefits of a solar battery in Barangaroo:
- Energy independence: For some time now, the electric grid has been unstable, plus there’s also rising energy costs. With a solar battery in Barangaroo, you become less reliant on the grid, save more on energy bills, and even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Barangaroo, but you can still be prepared. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall , is among the many batteries that can power your home whilst during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
There are many brands of solar batteries you can get in Barangaroo today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Barangaroo
In NSW, it’s not only solar energy that is becoming more affordable but EVs as well. The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. The EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
There are also many more EV models to be launched, which makes it even more exciting. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you purchase an EV today:
- Lower costs: The running costs of EVs are lower, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest exporter of lithium in the world. Additionally, EV batteries are made of lithium. With this, you can support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Barangaroo solar panels
For a mid-range home in Barangaroo, NSW, the return on investment can be between two and six years. Remember that your energy consumption and usage pattern must be taken into consideration.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.