On This Page
Barcaldine, a charming outback town in Queensland (QLD) effortlessly blends history with a laid-back rural atmosphere. Nestled in the heart of the state, this gem of a destination is steeped in the rich heritage of the Australian bush.
Known for its iconic Tree of Knowledge, a living monument to the Australian labour movement, Barcaldine invites visitors to explore its past while enjoying the warmth of its friendly community.
As you stroll through the town, you’ll discover heritage-listed buildings and museums that offer a glimpse into the region’s pioneering days.
The wide, dusty streets exude a nostalgic charm, and the locals’ hospitality makes every visitor feel like a welcomed guest. Barcaldine is more than just a stopover; it’s a gateway to the rugged beauty of the outback and a testament to the resilience and spirit of the Australian bush culture.
For those interested in sustainable living amidst such natural beauty, consider exploring solar energy options. You can effortlessly get FREE solar quotes from Energy Matters to discover how solar solutions can seamlessly integrate with the outback lifestyle, providing both environmental benefits and cost savings.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in the Barcaldine*
Total Installed Capacity in Barcaldine (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Barcaldine, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Barcaldine, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Barcaldine
According to a Clean Energy Regulator (CER) assessment, Queensland has installed an estimated 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems.
Queensland will have achieved its goal of having 50% renewable energy capacity by 2030. Australia’s future energy needs will be impacted by its electrification.
Now is a great moment to switch to solar power since solar panels are becoming widely available. To get the best solar installer in Barcaldine, get in touch with Energy Matters.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Barcaldine, QLD
Queensland homeowners who install solar panels on their rooftops may be eligible for state and federal solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs lower the initial costs associated with installing rooftop solar panels. That being said, the arrangement and size of your rooftop solar panels may have an impact on the total number of STCs you receive.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy into the grid, your energy supplier will provide you FiTs. Here’s where to keep track of the latest solar discounts and incentives.
The right solar system in Barcaldine
Before installing solar panels on your Barcaldine roof, take into account the following:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels, make sure your Barcaldine roof is in outstanding shape.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house must coincide with the latitude of your location.
- Energy consumption: Examine your most recent energy bills to find out how much energy you use on average each month. This may be used to calculate how many solar panels your home needs.
- Shadow projected by surrounding trees: Barcaldine rooftop solar panels may not be as effective as they could be because of the shadow generated by surrounding trees. Consult your Barcaldine solar installer for advice on the best location for rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Barcaldine will also design a system that allows you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Barcaldine, QLD?
A solar battery may be used in Barcaldine, QLD, to store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Other advantages include:
- Energy independence: Barcaldine homes can disconnect from the power grid by adding solar batteries. Furthermore, solar energy could be able to supply all of the energy demands in your house.
- Blackout protection: During a blackout, a solar battery can keep your Barcaldine home from going dark. The Tesla Powerwall is among the most efficient solar batteries on the market at the moment.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Barcaldine back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Barcaldine, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Barcaldine
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Brassall
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Barcaldine:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Barcaldine solar panels
For a mid-range home in Barcaldine, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.