On This Page
Bathurst is vibrant regional centre in the Central Tablelands of NSW. It is the home of motorsports in the country, with an abundance of natural beauty. Surrounded by bushland and a nearby river, Bathurst is one of the best places to live in NSW. With such a beautiful environment, residents experience a temperate climate that makes greenery thrive here.
The region where Bathurst is located has 6,029 rooftop solar panels installed with a collective capacity of 38,186 kW. Bathurst gets 4.8 hours of ‘peak sun’ per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bathurst*
Total Installed Capacity in in Bathurst (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bathurst, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bathurst, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bathurst
When looking for solar installers in Bathurst, they will consider your personal preference, energy needs, and budget. If you’re particular with the brand of your solar panels, then you should be aware that solar installers in Bathurst, NSW, usually have a preferred solar panel manufacturer.
This is why here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Bathurst, NSW. These are the manufacturers that are “financially stable” and will likely honour their manufacturer’s warranty compared to lower-tiered manufacturers.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list that is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
The costs of solar panels in Bathurst, NSW, have reduced significantly over the last ten years. When determining the number of solar panels you need for your home, consider your roof and the amount your local electricity network will let you install.
For most homes in NSW, solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter is ideal. You can also install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Suppose you plan to consume more energy because of an impending electric vehicle (EV) purchase or solar battery storage, then it’s smarter to get a bigger solar system from the get-go.
In fact, we highly recommend sizing up where possible, considering the increase in electrification, which means your future electricity needs will change. Sooner or later, you will need to add solar panels or upgrade your solar PV system fully in the future, which can cost you more money. You can avoid the additional costs when you size up as early as now.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bathurst, NSW
With the amount of sun exposure that Bathurst gets, it is one of the best places to install solar panels. Switching to solar in Bathurst also means you get access to solar rebates and incentives provided by the federal and NSW government that will help you save and make money.
Swap for solar
Low-income households in Bathurst can access the Swap for Solar that will help reduce energy bills. It works by letting homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Households that are not eligible for a solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. The rebate swap allows homeowners get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government offers STCs to businesses and households in Bathurst, NSW. You or your installer can exchange these tradable certificates for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Bathurst, NSW.
The amount of STCs you receive will depend on the size of your solar system. Some homeowners prefer to receive a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system, which will result in thousands of money saved. And your solar installer can take care of all this for you.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy providers. These are received by homeowners when they export excess energy that their solar system generates back into the grid. Hence, your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Bathurst
Other factors to consider to ensure you get the best solar system in Bathurst, NSW. Some of them are:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in the best shape before installing solar panels in Bathurst, NSW.
- Roof angle: How your roof is angled also plays an important role in the efficiency of your solar panels in Bathurst. Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the amount of energy you consume every month to better understand the right solar system size for your property.
- Surrounding shade: Shade due to trees, shrubbery, and surrounding structures may also impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Bathurst. Your solar installer will help you find the right location for your solar panels in your property.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Bathurst, NSW?
A home solar battery storage will let you store energy generated by your solar panels in Bathurst. The stored energy can be used at night or on overcast days. So, a solar storage battery is worth it, and several brands are available today.
Here are some reasons a solar battery is a good investment:
- Energy independence: With the increase in electricity rates and the instability of the electrical grid, a home solar battery in Bathurst can be incredibly helpful. With a solar battery, you don’t need to rely on the grid, as your home will be self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare, but they are a huge inconvenience when they happen. You can protect your home from blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall. A solar battery can power your home when the rest of your street or suburb is without power. It becomes possible because your solar panels in Bathurst will charge your battery throughout the day, so you have the energy to use throughout the day and depending on your consumption, even throughout the night.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bathurst
The NSW government is making EVs more affordable by reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you get to save up to $5,540.
Here are some of the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to maintain and run. With that, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter n the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. As a result, getting an EV is an excellent way to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bathurst solar panels
A mid-range home in Bathurst can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s also essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, as this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.