On This Page
Battery Hill in Queensland (QLD) lies on the beach side of Nicklin Way, which allows residents to be near local beaches, including a dog beach. There is an increase in families in the suburb as it offers plenty of amenities, such as parks and nearby schools.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Battery Hill*
Total Installed Capacity in Battery Hill (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Battery Hill, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Battery Hill, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Battery Hill
Like many states in Australia, QLD is recording a number of households and businesses with solar systems installed. Battery Hill is among the suburbs that are seeing a growth in rooftop solar panel installation. Energy Matters is here to help make the switch to solar go as smoothly as possible.
With many solar installers in Battery Hill, the process can be overwhelming for first-timers. Finding the right solar installer in Battery Hill takes time and effort, but we’re here to help you through the process.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones who are financially stable to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
One thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Battery Hill have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. You don’t want to be tied up to this; hence, it’s a good idea to ensure that you compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend homeowners and business owners to consider getting a bigger solar system initially. The rapid pace of electrification in Australia only means that there will be changes to everybody’s future energy needs, especially those who plan to get an electric vehicle or solar battery soon.
When you have a bigger solar system in Battery Hill, you are more confident that you have room for these energy changes.
Solar rebates and incentives in Battery Hill, QLD
Currently, the Queensland State Government doesn’t provide any solar rebates. However, there are incentives that every Australian are eligible to receive when they have solar systems installed. Additionally, you can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are one of the incentives offered to Australians by renewable energy systems. They can be redeemed for cash, and they will be deducted from the overall cost of the solar system. However, the amount of STCs you get will depend on the solar system’s size and location.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Exporting excess energy back into the grid is rewarded in Australia through the form of FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs, and the FiT rates vary. This is why it’s important to take the time to compare energy retailers.
The right solar system in Battery Hill
There are a few factors to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Battery Hill, such as:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Battery Hill, you need to ensure that your roof is in perfect condition first. Hiring a professional roof inspector can go a long way in ensuring that your roof is in an excellent state for a rooftop solar system in Battery Hill.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Battery Hill, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or other structures may cause shade that could impact your future energy needs. For the trees, you can trim them down to make way for your rooftop solar panels in Battery Hill. You solar installer in Battery Hill, QLD will also help you find the perfect spot for your solar system.
In addition, your solar installer in Battery Hill will design a solar system that will allow you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Battery Hill?
A solar battery in Battery Hill will let you store excess energy generated by your solar panels. As a result, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Here are some of the benefits you can get with a solar battery in Battery Hill, QLD:
- Energy independence: Now is the chance to reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Battery Hill.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are inconvenient, and you can save yourself from this with a solar battery in Battery Hill, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Battery Hill back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Battery Hill today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Battery Hill
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Battery Hill. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Battery Hill:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Battery Hill solar panels
For a mid-range home in Battery Hill, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.