On This Page
Baulkham Hills in New South Wales (NSW) is a residential suburb of the Hills District that evokes a warm atmosphere with its parks and reserves. Residents describe the suburb as peaceful, safe, and beautiful. Indeed, it’s definitely a suburban dream. The community is diverse, with many urban conveniences.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Baulkham Hills*
Total Installed Capacity in Baulkham Hills (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Baulkham Hills, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Baulkham Hills, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Baulkham Hills
Switching to solar power in Baulkham Hills is one of the best things you can do today. To do this, you need to find the right solar installer in Baulkham Hills. The right solar installer in Baulkham Hills will ensure you have the right rooftop solar panels installed on your property by considering your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
Keep in mind, most solar installers in Baulkham Hills have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, it’s better to take your time to collect multiple quotes before you decide on a solar installer in Baulkham Hills.
Energy Matters recommends Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of the higher-quality solar panels they are known to produce. In addition, they are financially stable and can honour their warranties.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year, to know who these manufacturers are.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Now, when it comes to the size of your solar system in Baulkham Hills, there are so many factors to consider. One is the amount of energy allowable by your local electricity network.
To give you an idea, most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter.
We recommend sizing up where possible as electrification continues to speed up, your energy needs are bound to change. By buying a bigger solar system initially, you can save more money in the long run. Additionally, this will be beneficial if you have plans to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Baulkham Hills, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Baulkham Hills may be eligible for the Swap for Solar, which will help reduce their energy bills. This is accessible by swapping the Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, which includes the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those not eligible in Baulkham Hills for the solar swap can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. With this, homeowners can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
All Australians are eligible to get STCs, which the Australian federal government provides to businesses and households with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC depends on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the system’s overall value.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are given by energy providers to homeowners when they export excess energy back into the grid. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Baulkham Hills
Below are the other factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Baulkham Hills:
- Roof condition: Your roof condition should be in the best condition. We recommend having your roof inspected by a professional before installing rooftop solar panels in Baulkham Hills.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determining the number of solar panels you need for your home in Baulkham Hills isn’t easy, but you can have a clearer idea by looking into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you an idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees and other structures on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels. Trimming them down would help, whilst your solar installer in Baulkham Hills will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Baulkham Hills, NSW?
A home solar battery in Baulkham Hills will let you store energy generated by your solar panels. You can use this energy on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Baulkham Hills. This can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Baulkham Hills rarely occur, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the many solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
You can get many brands and types of solar batteries in Baulkham Hills.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Baulkham Hills
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the Ev should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Baulkham Hills solar panels
A mid-range home in Baulkham Hills can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.