On This Page
Beachmere in Queensland (QLD) is a quiet, sleepy town that is family-friendly with a great community. It also has great seaside access and is near major cities.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Beachmere*
Total Installed Capacity in Beachmere (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Beachmere, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Beachmere, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Beachmere
Situated in a sunny location in Australia, it’s no surprise that Queensland and its cities and suburbs are equipped with a growing number of solar systems. As electrification spreads in the country, suburbs like Beachmere is keeping up by installing rooftop solar panels.
Sooner or later, electrification will move faster as new technologies emerge and more households switch to renewable energy sources. That said, now is the perfect time to switch to solar energy.
If you’re planning to install rooftop solar panels in Beachmere to be part of a major change towards sustainability, then Energy Matters will help you through the process.
Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Beachmere. We have many solar installers in Beachmere, but not everyone will suit your preference, energy needs, and budget.
To make things easier for you, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find who they are by checking Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Remember that most solar installers in Beachmere have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. Therefore, if you’re particular about the brand, you should take your time to compare multiple quotes first.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Due to the electrification that is happening all over the country, getting a bigger solar system in Beachmere is highly encouraged. With a bigger solar system in Beachmere, you have more room to grow—especially when you have plans to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Beachmere, QLD
Despite the lack of available solar rebates for Queensland residents today, their are solar incentives that Beachmerehomeowners can take advantage of. They are:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can help reduce the overall cost of your solar system because you can redeem them for cash. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Beachmeret.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailers are the ones who will provide FiTs and set the FiT rates. You get FiTs when you export excess energy back into the grid.
You can also stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives here.
The right solar system in Beachmere
There are other important factors to consider before you install rooftop solar panels in Beachmere. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Beachmere.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the right angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Beachmere, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can get this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Beachmere because they may cause shade. Trimming them down is something you can do, whilst your solar installer in Beachmere will help you find the right location for your solar system on your property.
In addition, your solar installer in Beachmere will design a solar system that will enable you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Beachmere?
A solar battery in Beachmere will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Here are some of its benefits:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Beachmere, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery in Beachmere, you never have to worry about a blackout again. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Beachmere back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Beachmere, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Beachmere
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Beachmere. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Beachmere solar panels
For a mid-range home in Beachmere, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.