On This Page
Bega in New South Wales (NSW) is the heart of the Sapphire Coast. The town is surrounded by green hills, cafes, quirky shops, and galleries. It is also home to the famous Bega Cheese Factory.
Bega receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day; hence, around 24 per cent of homes here have solar panels on their roofs.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bega*
Total Installed Capacity in Bega (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bega, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bega, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bega
If you’re thinking of switching to solar energy in Bega, finding the right installer plays a significant role. A good solar installer in Bega, NSW will consider your budget, personal preference, and energy needs.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Bega have a preferred solar manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, it’s best to explore your options first by comparing solar installers.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Bega, NSW. These are the manufacturers with good financial standing and are likely to honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released and updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
When it comes to the costs of Bega solar panels, you will like the idea that they have been reduced significantly over the last ten years. You can determine the number of solar panels you need for your home; there are some factors you need to consider that we will discuss further in this post.
Most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend sizing up where possible, especially with the pace of electrification today and the rising energy costs. You want to be prepared as early as now, especially if you have plans to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon. Your future electricity needs are bound to change soon, so by making a move as early as now; you will be able to save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bega, NSW
The NSW government continue to make efforts that will make solar in Bega even more affordable. Here are the rebates and incentives you can get in Bega, NSW, for solar panels:
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Bega may be eligible for Swap for Solar to reduce energy bills. It allows homeowners to swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system. This also includes the installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap instead in Bega, NSW. With this, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are offered to households and businesses in Bega, NSW. You or your installer can trade STCs for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Bega. Keep in mind that the amount of STCs you get will depend on the size of your solar system.
Some homeowners in Bega can get STCs through a point-of-sale discount on their solar system’s overall cost, which will save a lot of money.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
It is your energy provider who will give you your FiTs . You get FiTs when you export energy from your solar system back into the grid. With this, your energy retailer will be the one to set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Bega
Here are the factors to consider to help you get the right solar system in Bega, NSW:
- Roof condition: Make your roof in good condition before you install solar panels in Bega, NSW.
- Roof angle: Ideally, your roof’s angle should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Bega, NSW, knowing the amount of energy you consume every month is important so you will know the number of solar panels you need to purchase.
- Surrounding shade: A lot of things can compromise the efficiency of your solar panels, such as the trees that surround your property. These trees can result in shade that can impact the effectiveness of your car panels. Your solar installer can help you find the right spot to install solar panels in your home in Bega.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery storage in Bega, NSW
A solar battery in Bega, NSW can help ensure you have reliable power at home. Your solar battery can keep excess energy that you can use at night or on overcast days.
Here are the benefits of buying a solar battery in Bega, NSW:
- Energy independence: The rising energy rates and the instability of the electrical grid, a home solar battery in Bega is beneficial. A solar battery can help you be less reliant on the grid and can even make your home self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts in Bega rarely happens, but when they do, they can be inconvenient. You can protect your home from blackouts when you have a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bega
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bega solar panels
A mid-range home in Bega can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern because this will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.