On This Page
Bermagui in New South Wales (NSW) is a seaside town with a beautiful harbour. With this, it’s one of the best spots for game fishing. Aside from this, there are wineries that you can visit, along with adventures. There are also a lot of natural attractions here, such as Cottage Beach, Camel Rock, and Blue Pool.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in the Bermagui*
Total Installed Capacity in Bermagui (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bermagui, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bermagui, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bermagui
Around 16 per cent of homes in Bermagui have rooftop solar panels, thanks to the 4.8 hours of peak sun per day it receives. You need to find a solar installer in Bermagui who you can trust. With a good solar installer in Bermagui, they will ensure you get the right solar system by considering your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
With many solar installers in Bermagui, it may be overwhelming to choose from. It’s also essential to know that most of them have preferred solar panel manufacturers. So, if you are particular about the brand, then you need to take the time to shop around for multiple quotes.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are financially stable manufacturers and can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend you consider sizing up where possible as early as now. This is due to the further electrification that’s happening in the country.
When you have a bigger solar system installed in Bermagui, you can better accommodate your future energy needs, especially if you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bermagui, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Bermagui may be eligible for Swap for Solar. If you’re eligible, you can swap your Low-Income Household Rebate to get a 3kW solar system, which will include the installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those who are not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. In turn, they will be able to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of an STC varies on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar system in Bermagui is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs to households that export excess energy back into the grid. It’s your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Bermagui
There are some important factors to consider to ensure you install the right rooftop solar panels in Bermagui.
- Roof condition: The roof must be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels are installed in Bermagui.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Bermagui, you need to look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that may compromise the efficiency of your solar system in Bermagui. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Bermagui may help find the right position for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bermagui, NSW?
A solar battery in Bermagui will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. When you have a solar battery in Bermagui, you can have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Bermagui, NSW, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts don’t usually happen in Bermagui, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can still have power even if there’s a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bermagui
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bermagui solar panels
A mid-range home in Bermagui can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Get rooftop solar panels in Dubbo. Energy Matters has a nationwide network of trusted local solar installers in Kurrajong that you can access today that can provide you with up to 3 Free Solar Quotes. Complete our quick quiz and switch to solar in Mudgee today.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.
Our professional solar installers in Melbourne will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Melbourne to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Melbourne home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.