On This Page
Berrimah in Northern Territory (NT) is a suburb that is also the location of the Berrimah Line. It is on the lands of the Larrakia people and was once a military area and is now predominantly industrial.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Berrimah*
Total Installed Capacity in Berrimah (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Berrimah, NT
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Berrimah, NT by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Berrimah
Electrification is sweeping across the country and in NT, impacting everybody’s future energy needs. As renewable energy sources become more accessible and affordable, many households and business owners are making the switch. A popular renewable energy source is rooftop solar panels.
In Berrimah, there is an increase in the number of homeowners installing rooftop solar panels. Now is the best time to make the switch, and your first step is to find the right solar installer in Berrimah. With many solar installers in Berrimah today, we understand that the process can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help ensure a smooth transition to solar power.
We recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers due to their high bankability, enabling them to honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in NT, they are equipped with rooftop solar system with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend getting a bigger solar system initially. As mentioned, electrification is going at a supercharged pace, and by getting a bigger solar system as early as now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Berrimah, NT
Home & Business Battery Scheme (HBBS)
The NT Government provides HBBS for households and businesses. This provides them a $6,000 grant when they buy and install solar panels with eligible batteries and inverters. It is also available to existing solar batteries and inverters as long as the battery storage is at least 7 kWh.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be traded for cash and deducted from the overall cost of the solar system. The number of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy into the grid. Hence, it’s important to get the highest FiTs as much as possible, you need to compare energy retailers first.
The right solar system in Berrimah
There are also other important things to consider for the right solar system in Berrimah today.
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Berrimah. It’s best to hire a professional roof inspection service for this.
- Roof angle: The roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Berrimah, it’s important to know your average monthly energy consumption. You can find this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Berrimah. You can trim them down is one thing you can do, whilst your solar installer in Berrimah will design a solar system to let you maximise your roof space.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Berrimah?
A solar battery in Berrimah will allow you to to store excess energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. In turn, you can enjoy solar power throughout the day and night.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Berrimah. It can also let you make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: You can protect your home from a blackout with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more when you gain credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Berrimah
Northern Territory’s EV strategy and implementation plan were released last year. The plan will incentivise the purchase of new and used EVs through free registration and reduced stamp duty for five years as of July 2022.
The new plan will also see an expansion of EVs within government and agency fleets and an expansion of charging infrastructure, among others. By 2030, the NT Government fleet will have 200 EVs at a rate of 20 additional vehicles yearly.
Additionally, residents in smaller centres will benefit from a grants program.
Switching to an EV in Berrimah is an excellent idea, and you get more benefits like the ones listed below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Berrimah solar panels
For a mid-range home in Berrimah, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.