On This Page
Bexley in New South Wales (NSW) is a great suburb close to the beaches, airport, the M5, and three other stations. It is a large suburb with a good range of schools, cafes, restaurants, and a whole lot more.
In the midst of its vibrant community, proximity to beaches, and convenient access, integrating solar solutions seamlessly aligns with the suburb’s forward-thinking vibe. If you’re curious about the potential of solar for your home, consider exploring solar quotes from Energy Matters to better understand how this eco-friendly option can seamlessly integrate into your lifestyle, contributing to both environmental consciousness and long-term energy efficiency.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bexley*
Total Installed Capacity in Bexley (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bexley, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bexley, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bexley
Solar power in NSW is booming, and that’s all thanks to the continuous efforts of the government to make renewable energy sources widely available, accessible, and affordable. The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates that the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties by 2038.
This makes now the perfect time to switch to solar. The first thing is to find the right solar installer in Bexley. With many solar installers in Bexley today, getting carried away is easy. The right information and resources can lead you to the right solar installer in Bexley suitable to your personal preferences, energy needs, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones who can honour their warranties and produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have solar systems installed equipped with 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
One of the things we highly recommend is to size up where possible. Getting a bigger solar system now makes a lot of economic sense because solar panels are cheaper now. There are also now higher FiT rates that will benefit homeowners and business owners today.
A bigger solar system in Bexley will also accommodate your energy need, which will be impacted by the rapid pace of electrification sweeping across the country. When you get a bigger solar system as early as now, you get to save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bexley, NSW
Swap for Solar
This solar rebate is aimed at low-income households. Swap for Solar allows eligible homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate and get a 3 kW solar system in return, which includes installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This provides homeowners with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You are entitled to receive STCs when you have a solar system. You can trade STCs for a discount on the upfront costs of your solar system installation.
Your energy retailer will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy from your solar system back into the grid.
The right solar system in Bexley
To ensure you have the right solar system in Bexley, there are a few important things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels.
- Roof condition: It is important that your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bexley.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Bexley, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. Find this information by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade that could impact the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Bexley will find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bexley, NSW?
A solar battery in Bexley will allow you to store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. With this, you can have power all day and all night. Some other benefits of a solar battery in Bexley include:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency with a solar battery in Bexley. You can also cut down on energy bills and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bexley
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bexley solar panels
A mid-range home in Bexley can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.