On This Page
Bohle Plains in Queensland (QLD) is a peaceful and quiet suburb. Its name is derived from the nearby Bohle River. While there are no schools located in Bohle Plains, there are several parks in this small town of 3,205 people.
In considering sustainable energy options for this community, it’s worth exploring solar solutions that align with the area’s commitment to environmental well-being.
For those interested, obtaining solar quotes from Energy Matters can be a valuable step in understanding the potential for harnessing renewable energy in Bohle Plains.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bohle Plains*
Total Installed Capacity in Bohle Plains (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bohle Plains, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bohle Plains, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bohle Plains
A report from the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) report states that over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across the state at the start of the year. This puts the state on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030.
So, now is the time to switch to solar energy—and your first step is to find the right solar installer in Bohle Plains. Many solar installers in Bohle Plains may sway you with a good sales talk, but if you want to ensure that you’re getting the best one, Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers.
They are the ones with high bankability that allow them to honour their warranties. Also, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To find out who they are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system in Bohle Plains initially. Electrification is going at a supercharged pace across the country, and eventually, this will impact your future energy needs.
A bigger rooftop solar system in Bohle Plains will ensure you’re prepared for this. This will also save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bohle Plains, QLD
Only nationwide solar rebates and incentives are available in QLD today.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can use STCs to get significant discounts that will reduce the upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels in Bohle Plains. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
It is your energy retailer who will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Bohle Plains
There are a few important things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Bohle Plains. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Have a professional roof inspector ensure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Bohle Plains.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Bohle Plains, get your average monthly energy consumption. You can do this by looking into your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees surrounding your property may compromise the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Bohle Plains will help and be the right spot for your solar system.
Your solar installer in Bohle Plains will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Bohle Plains?
When you have a solar battery in Bohle Plains, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels and enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Bohle Plains.
- Blackout protection: The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can choose from today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Kenmore back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Bohle Plains, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bohle Plains
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Bohle Plains.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Bohle Plains:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bohle Plains solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bohle Plains, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.