On This Page
Boreen Point, nestled in the heart of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland (QLD) is a charming lakeside village that effortlessly blends laid-back vibes with natural beauty.
This hidden gem sits on the shores of Lake Cootharaba, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle. The town is a haven for water enthusiasts, with opportunities for kayaking, sailing, and fishing dotting the pristine lake.
Take a leisurely stroll along the peaceful foreshore, where you can enjoy the picturesque views or have a picnic under the shade of the towering trees.
If you’re intrigued by harnessing the power of the abundant Queensland sun for sustainable living, consider exploring solar options with Energy Matters. Get FREE solar quotes and discover how you can seamlessly integrate eco-friendly solutions into your lifestyle.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Boreen Point*
Total Installed Capacity in Boreen Point (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Boreen Point, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Boreen Point, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Boreen Point
An estimated 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built in Queensland, according to a Clean Energy Regulator (CER) evaluation.
By 2030, Queensland will have reached its target of 50% renewable energy capacity. Australia’s electrification will have an influence on its future energy demands.
With the increasing availability of solar panels, this is an excellent time to convert to solar power. To obtain the best solar installation in Boreen Point, get in contact with Energy Matters.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Boreen Point, QLD
Queensland residents may be qualified for state and federal solar subsidies and incentives if they install solar panels on their rooftops.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The upfront expenditures of installing rooftop solar panels are reduced by STCs. Having said that, the configuration and dimensions of your rooftop solar panels might affect the overall quantity of STCs you obtain.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy into the grid, your energy supplier will provide you FiTs. Here’s where to keep track of the latest solar discounts and incentives.
The right solar system in Boreen Point
Consider the following before putting solar panels on your Boreen Point roof:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels, make sure your Boreen Point roof is in fantastic shape.
- Roof angle: Your home’s roof angle needs to match your location’s latitude.
- Energy consumption: To determine the average amount of energy you consume each month, look over your most recent energy bills. You might use this to figure out how many solar panels your house requires.
- Shadow cast by nearby trees: The shadow cast by nearby trees may prevent Boreen Point rooftop solar panels from producing their maximum amount of power. For guidance on the ideal position for rooftop solar panels, speak with your Boreen Point solar installer.
Your solar installer in Boreen Point will also design a system that allows you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Boreen Point, QLD?
In Boreen Point, you may store the energy produced by your rooftop solar panels in a solar battery. Additional benefits include of:
- Energy independence: By installing solar batteries, Boreen Point residents may cut off from the electrical grid. Moreover, solar energy could be able to meet your home’s whole energy needs.
- Protection from blackouts: A solar battery can prevent your Boreen Point house from becoming dark during an outage. One of the most effective solar batteries available right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Boreen Point back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Boreen Point, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Boreen Point
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Boreen Point.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Boreen Point:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Boreen Point solar panels
For a mid-range home in Boreen Point, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.