On This Page
Box Hill in New South Wales (NSW) is a vibrant suburban gem in the heart of the Hills District. This friendly and family-oriented neighbourhood offers a relaxed yet connected lifestyle for its residents.
One of the highlights of Box Hill is its strong sense of community. The local parks and recreational facilities are always buzzing with families enjoying picnics, barbecues, and outdoor activities. The sense of camaraderie extends to the local shops, where you can grab a coffee and have a chat with your neighbours.
For those with a green thumb, Box Hill is a dream come true. The area is known for its beautiful landscaping, and many residents take pride in their gardens. The sprawling Box Hill Central Park is a great place to unwind, with walking trails and scenic spots to take in the natural beauty.
Box Hill’s location is also a big plus. It’s well-connected to major roads and public transportation, making it easy to get to nearby hubs like Rouse Hill and Sydney CBD. You’re also a stone’s throw away from the historic town of Windsor, where you can explore colonial-era buildings and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Box Hill*
Total Installed Capacity in Box Hill (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Box Hill, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Box Hill, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Box Hill
As a result of the NSW government’s measures to improve accessibility and reduce the cost of renewable energy sources, more families in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is to find the best solar installer in Box Hill. Fortunately, Box Hill is home to a wide range of solar installers.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Box Hill will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Box Hill, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates can be exchanged for a 3kW system to cover the installation costs for low-income families.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you do not meet the requirements for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to exchange energy-saving changes for cash. You can be eligible for a free home energy analysis worth up to $4,000 by updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who have solar panels installed in their homes can easily obtain STCs. Homeowners in Box Hill are therefore covered by insurance. STCs are distributed by the Australian Federal Government, but the market’s supply and demand determine how much they cost. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Box Hill
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Box Hill property owners should take the following aspects into account:
- Roof condition: Prior to installing rooftop solar panels in Box Hill, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you will have to present your prior energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from neighbouring trees or other structures may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. Your Box Hill solar installer will help you choose the ideal position for your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Box Hill, NSW?
The power produced by your Box Hill rooftop solar panels may be stored if you have a solar battery. Owning a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy independence: Box Hill residents can completely eliminate or significantly reduce their reliance on the grid by constructing a solar battery.
- Blackout protection: Although there aren’t many power outages in Box Hill, solar batteries can nevertheless help you be ready for them when they come. One of the solar batteries you can buy right now is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Box Hill
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Box Hill solar panels
A mid-range home in Box Hill can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.