On This Page
Truffles, anyone? That’s what Braidwood in New South Wales (NSW) is known for. But that’s not all there is to it—as the town is one of the prettiest in the state, with streets lined with colonial buildings complemented by rural beauty, it’s no wonder it has become the backdrop for several iconic Aussie films.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Braidwood*
Total Installed Capacity in Braidwood (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Braidwood, NSW
Compare solar panels in Braidwood
The first step in switching to solar is finding the right installer in Braidwood. A good solar installer will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. However, most solar installers in Braidwood have a preferred solar manufacturer, so if you have a brand in mind, then it helps to browse around.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers in Braidwood. They are the ones who are financially stable that will likely honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Model Manufacturer list, which is released every year.
In addition, Energy Matters has partnered with trusted solar panel manufacturers that we are proud to recommend to our customers. These recommended manufacturers are:
Whether you know which panels you want to install on your home or business or you’d rather discuss your options, we recommend that you begin your solar journey by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. Our network of trusted, local installers will provide personalised quotes for a system that will meet your current and future needs.
The average size of a residential solar system in Braidwood is 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up where possible.
Further electrification across the country will impact your future energy needs. Therefore, by sizing up as early as now, you are better prepared, and this will help you save more money in the long run.
This is also a smart move when you plan to purchase an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Braidwood, NSW
Solar power continues to be more affordable in the state with solar rebates and incentives. They are the following:
Swap for Solar
Swap for Solar aims to help reduce energy bills for low-income households by letting them swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, including installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Households that are not eligible for the solar swap may get a rebate swap instead. This allows them to get a free home energy assessment for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses in the country. These are tradable certificates that you or your installer can exchange for a discount on the cost of your solar system in Braidwood.
The amount of STCs you receive will depend on the size of your solar system. Most homeowners choose to receive a point-of-sale discount off the overall cost of their solar system, which often results in thousands of dollars saved.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, it is the energy retailer who will set the FiT rate. We recommend comparing energy retailers to ensure that you’re getting the best FiT for your home.
The right solar system in Braidwood
There are factors to consider to get the best solar system in Braidwood. These are:
- Roof condition: Before rooftop solar panels in Braidwood are installed, you need to ensure your roof is in perfect condition.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To get the right size of the solar system for your Braidwood property, look into your previous energy bills to get a clear idea of your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s may impact the efficiency of your solar panel in Braidwood. Trimming them down is helpful, whilst your solar installer will also help find the perfect spot.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you get the best deal and selecting a solar installer you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need solar battery in Braidwood, NSW?
With a solar battery in Braidwood, you can store energy from your solar panels that you can use on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night. Here are some of the reasons a solar battery is worth the investment:
- Energy independence: Tired of overly being reliable on an unstable grid? Free yourself from this and achieve energy independence with a solar battery in Braidwood. You can even make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Braidwood, but they can be a huge hassle when it happens. Protect yourself from this with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery will help you save more money by receiving credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Braidwood
The NSW Government continues to make EVs more affordable by reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold. As of now, they are offering $3,000 rebates for the first 25,000 new battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles with a dutiable value of less than $68,750. This is a great incentive paired with stamp duty abolition, and you can save up to $5,540 and help boost EV sales in NSW to more than 50 per cent by 2031.
Additionally, there are more EV models to be launched. Here are some benefits you can get when you switch to an EV in Braidwood, NSW:
- Lower costs: Saving money and the environment is even more possible when you switch to an EV. This is because an EV is more cost-effective to operate and simpler to maintain.
- Meet the country’s emissions target: Australia has a goal to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you will play an important role in achieving this goal.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the largest exporter of lithium? Solar batteries are mainly made of lithium, which allows for more opportunities for you and the market.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Braidwood solar panels
You can get a shorter return on investment in Braidwood in two to three years. However, this will still depend on your consumption. In addition, system downtime will result in extended payback periods and costs for repairs or replacements covered under warranty.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.