On This Page
Brassall in Queensland (QLD) exudes a charming suburban vibe with a touch of laid-back Aussie warmth. Known for its family-friendly atmosphere, this suburb offers a mix of residential tranquility and essential amenities. You’ll find a scattering of local parks where kids can unleash their boundless energy, and the community spirit thrives at the neighborhood gatherings.
The main streets boast a blend of local shops and eateries, contributing to the easygoing lifestyle. With schools, medical facilities, and parks within reach, Brassall provides a comfortable haven for those seeking a balance between city conveniences and a quieter residential feel.
If you’re considering harnessing the abundant Queensland sunshine to power your home sustainably, consider exploring solar options. Energy Matters offers free solar quotes, allowing you to seamlessly integrate eco-friendly solutions into your lifestyle.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Brassall*
Total Installed Capacity in Brassall (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Brassall, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Brassall, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Brassall
In Queensland, approximately 900,000 small-scale solar energy systems have been built, according to a Clean Energy Regulator (CER) research.
Queensland will have achieved its goal of having 50% renewable energy capacity by 2030. Future energy needs in Australia will be impacted by its electrification.
Now is a great moment to switch to solar energy because solar panels are so widely accessible. For the best solar installer in Brassall, get in touch with Energy Matters.
Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They also produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them on Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have rooftop solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Initially, getting a bigger solar system is a smart move, as this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Brassall, QLD
Queensland does not provide any incentives for solar energy. However, homeowners who install solar panels on their rooftops may be eligible for state and federal solar subsidies and incentives.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs lower the initial costs associated with installing rooftop solar panels. That being said, the arrangement and size of your rooftop solar panels may impact the total number of STCs you receive.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
When you export excess energy into the grid, your energy supplier will provide you FiTs. Here’s where to keep track of the latest solar discounts and incentives.
The right solar system in Brassall
Before installing solar panels on your Brassall roof, take into account the following:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Brassall, make sure your roof is in fantastic shape.
- Roof angle: The roof angle of your house must coincide with the latitude of your location.
- Energy consumption: Examine your most recent energy bills to find out how much energy you use on a monthly average. This will help you decide how many solar panels your home will need.
- Shadow cast by surrounding trees: Brassall rooftop solar panels may not be as effective as they may be due to the shadow generated by surrounding trees. Consult your Brassall solar installer for advice on the best location for rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Brassall will also design a system that allows you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Brassall home?
With a solar battery, you can store the energy generated by your rooftop solar panels in Brassall, Queensland. Other advantages include of:
- Energy independence: Brassall residents have the option to disconnect from the electricity grid by installing solar batteries. Furthermore, solar energy could be able to provide all of the energy requirements of your house.
- Protection from blackouts: In the case of a blackout, a solar battery can save your Brassall home from going completely dark. The Tesla Powerwall is among the most efficient solar batteries on the market at the moment.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Brassall back to the grid.
The good news is that there are a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Brassall, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Brassall, QLD
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Brassall
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Brassall:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Brassall solar panels
For a mid-range home in Brassall, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.