On This Page
Brendale in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb that is close to everything. It has a friendly community and it has nice parks for those who want to be close to nature.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Brendale*
Total Installed Capacity in Brendale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Brendale, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Brendale, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Brendale
Queensland continues to see significant growth in solar energy. After all, it’s not called the “sunshine state” for nothing. As more homeowners take advantage of renewable energy sources, solar systems, such as rooftop solar panels become more accessible and affordable in the state.
In fact, the Clean Energy Regulator (CER) has recorded that over 900,000 small-scale systems have been installed across the state in the beginning of 2023. This puts Queensland on track with its goal of 50 per cent renewable energy generation capacity by 2030.
That said, now is the perfect time to begin your solar journey. Find a solar installer in Brendale who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. With so many solar installers in Brendale to choose from, you will find the best one in no time. You only need to know where to find them.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability. This allows them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
A bigger solar system is also encouraged. So, if you can afford getting a bigger solar system in Brendale now, then do so. This will save you more money in the long run, as electrification sweeps over the country. Eventually, this will impact your future energy needs, and with a bigger rooftop solar system in Brendale, you are prepared for the changes to come.
Solar rebates and incentives in Brendale, QLD
Currently, Queensland has no state rebate but there are nationwide rebates and incentives homeowners can take advantage of today.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can reduce the overall upfront cost of the solar system. They can be traded for cash, but the amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels in Brendale.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer is the one who will provide you with FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. That said, your energy retailer in Brendale is the one who will set the FiT rates.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Brendale
There are a few important things to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Brendale, QLD:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Brendale.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Brendale, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can find his information by going over your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade to your rooftop solar panels, resulting in compromised efficiency. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Brendale will help find the right location for your solar system,.
Your solar installer in Brendale will also design a system that will let you maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Brendale?
When you have a solar battery in Brendale, QLD, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Some of its benefits include:
- Energy independence: With a solar battery in Brendale, you can reduce your grid dependency. It can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery in Brendale like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you never have to worry about a blackout ever again.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Buderim back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Brendale, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Brendale
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Brendale. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Brendale:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Brendale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Brendale, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.