Solar Power In Broken Hill, NSW, 2880
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Broken Hill (postcode: 2880) and the Broken Hill and Far West region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Broken Hill not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Broken Hill
New South Wales, 2880
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Broken Hill , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Broken Hill and Far West region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Broken Hill's solar energy resources
On average, Broken Hill receives solar irradiation levels of around 5.13 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Broken Hill should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 16° to 26° and the optimal angle is 21°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Broken Hill
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Broken Hill and is based on components well suited to Far West and Orana area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broken Hill: 7.3386 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 3.8178 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 10.4706 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2679 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $803 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Broken Hill
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broken Hill: 14.6772 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 7.6356 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 20.9412 kWh**
- Average annual production: 5358 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1607 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Broken Hill
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Broken Hill: 24.462 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 12.726 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 34.902 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 8931 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2679 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Broken Hill
Solar installations in Broken Hill, NSW, 2880
There are 2759 solar PV installations in Broken Hill's postcode, 2880, totaling 7760.25 kW of capacity. The 2880 postcode accounts for 0.181% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Broken Hill area.
The average system size in Broken Hill is 2.81kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Broken Hill's postcode area are generating an average of 39810 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $358291 monthly and $4359204 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2880 postcode is enough to fully power 2156 Australian homes.
Broken Hill solar carbon offset
System owners in Broken Hill's postcode are collectively avoiding 14531 tonnes (coal fired power) or 5812 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 2086 - 5216 cars off Broken Hill's roads.
Broken Hill, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Broken Hill information
Broken Hill's coordinates are -31.959193,141.466614 and its weather station is located at Broken Hill Aws Aut. Broken Hill Aws Aut weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Broken Hill: 5.13 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.76 m/s
- Air pressure: 99.62 kPa
- Humidity: 50.79%
- Air temperature: 17.77 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.97 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Broken Hill
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Broken Hill households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Broken Hill and the Broken Hill and Far West region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Broken Hill hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Broken Hill
Join Broken Hill's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Broken Hill and the Broken Hill and Far West region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.