On This Page
Broken Hill North is a unique slice of New South Wales, Australia. Tucked away in the far west of the state, this region carries with it a rich history and a rugged charm that’s truly one of a kind.
While it might not be as famous as its southern counterpart, Broken Hill North has its own special allure that beckons travellers seeking a taste of outback Australia.
Here, you’ll encounter vast expanses of arid landscapes, where the red earth seems to stretch on forever. The stark beauty of the outback is complemented by the town’s resilient spirit and friendly locals who call this place home.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast keen on exploring the unique flora and fauna or an adventurer with a thirst for uncovering the stories etched into the mining heritage, Broken Hill North has tales to tell and scenery to show.
So, pack your sense of adventure and come discover the untamed beauty of this corner of the outback.
From iconic landmarks to the serenity of the desert, Broken Hill North invites you to experience Australia’s rugged heartland in all its glory.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Broken Hill North*
Total Installed Capacity in Broken Hill North (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Broken Hill North, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Broken Hill North, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Broken Hill North
Due to the NSW government’s measures to improve accessibility and lower the cost of renewable energy sources, more families in the state are switching to solar energy.
Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) predicts that by 2038, the state’s installed PV capacity will reach 6,070 MW.
The first step in switching to solar energy is locating the best solar installer in Broken Hill North. The time to switch to solar energy is now, and there are many solar installers in Broken Hill North to choose from.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Broken Hill North will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Broken Hill North, NSW
To make solar energy more accessible and acceptable, the NSW government offers solar rebates and incentives.
Swap for Solar
Low-income households are eligible to trade in their Low-Income Household Rebates for a 3kW system with installation charges.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a solar swap, you might be able to trade in energy-saving modifications in exchange for a rebate. Get a free home energy study when you replace your appliances for up to $4,000 in value.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Every Australian homeowner with a solar system qualifies for STCs. They might be taken down in favour of installing a solar system because it will cost less upfront.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Broken Hill North
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Broken Hill North households should take the following things into account:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in South West Rocks, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you’ll need to refer to your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from neighbouring trees or other structures may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. Your Broken Hill North solar installer will assist you in deciding where to put your rooftop solar panels.
Do you need a solar battery in Broken Hill North, NSW?
The energy produced by your Broken Hill North rooftop solar panels can be stored if you have a solar battery:
- Energy independence: Residents of Broken Hill North can reduce or completely eliminate their reliance on the grid by using a solar battery.
- Protection from power outages: Solar batteries can help you be prepared for power outages when they happen, even though Broken Hill North doesn’t frequently experience them. One of the solar batteries that you can currently purchase is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Broken Hill North
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Broken Hill North solar panels
A mid-range home in Broken Hill North can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.