On This Page
There are a lot of things going on in Brookvale in New South Wales (NSW). For one, it’s situated close to iconic beaches plus, there are so many great food finds here. The nightlife is also booming, making it the perfect place to live in NSW.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Brookvale*
Total Installed Capacity in Brookvale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Brookvale, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Brookvale, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Brookvale
If you are planning to switch to solar in Brookvale, you need to find the right solar installer first. With the right solar installer, they will consider your personal preference, budget, and energy needs, which will result in a solar system that works exactly for you.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Brookvale have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it’s best to shop around first.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers for your solar panels in Brookvale, NSW. They are financially-stable manufacturers that will honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar panel size of 6.6 kW with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend sizing up where possible, considering the rapid pace of electrification in the country today. It’s also an excellent move should you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle in the future. When you get a bigger solar system in Brookvale as early as now, you can save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Brookvale, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Brookvale may be eligible for Swap for Solar. This will reduce energy bills by letting homeowners swap their Low Income Household Rebate for a 3 kW solar system, which includes installation, at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for a solar swap, you can get a rebate swap for energy upgrades in Tamworth. This will allow you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades to the value of $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to households and businesses across the country. Your solar installer or you can trade STCs for a discount on the overall cost of your solar system in Brookvale.
The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size of the solar system. Some homeowners choose to receive their STCs through a point-of-sale discount on the overall cost of their solar system. As a result, they get to save a lot more money.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Energy providers provide FiTs to homeowners who export excess energy from their solar system back into the grid. Your energy retailer is the one responsible for setting the FiT rate. That’s why you should take the time to find the best energy retailer to get the best FiT rates.
The right solar system in Brookvale
Consider the factors listed below to help you ensure you have the right rooftop solar panels in Brookvale:
- Roof condition: Ensure you roof is in good condition before you have rooftop solar panels installed in Brookvale, NSW.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: When buying a solar system in Brookvale, look into your previous energy bills to know your average monthly consumption. This will help you determine the number of solar panels you need for your Brookvale property.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that will compromise the efficiency of your Brookvale solar system. Your solar installer will help you find the right location for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery storage in Brookvale, NSW?
A solar battery in Brookvale can help you store solar energy that you can make use of on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Brookvale.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Brookvale, but they can be extremely inconvenient when they do. Keep yourself protected from blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: When you participate in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP), your battery can help you save more money by getting credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Brookvale
Another thing that the NSW government is making more affordable is EVs. The NSW government has reduced the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV must have a dutiable value of less than $68,750, and with the abolition of stamp duty, you can save up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs today:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to maintain and run. With this, you can save more money when you switch to an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest lithium exporter globally, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. You can better support the Australian lithium industry when you get an EV.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Brookvale solar panels
A mid-range home in Brookvale can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, you should also consider your energy consumption and usage pattern, which will impact the ROI timeframe.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.