On This Page
Famous for its rum distillery, Bundaberg in Queensland is a great place to explore. Aside from its rum, it’s also an ideal place to explore the Southern Great Barrier Reef hotspots. The white beaches await in this historic sugar cane city.
Around 31 per cent of homes in Bundaberg, QLD has rooftop solar panels. The city experiences 5.5 hours of peak sun per day.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Bundaberg*
Total Installed Capacity in Bundaberg (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Bundaberg, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Bundaberg, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Bundaberg
If you’re thinking of installing solar panels on your rooftop in Bundaberg QLD, you need to consider a few things. A Bundaberg solar panel installer will help you and consider your personal preference, energy needs, and budget.
Keep in mind that most solar installers in Bundaberg, QLD, already have their preferred solar panel manufacturer, which won’t work if you have a preferred brand. In that case, it’s best you compare multiple quotes from solar installers.
Here at Energy Matters, we recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. These are manufacturers that are financially stable that can honour their warranties. Additionally, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier PV Module Manufacturers, which is updated and released every year, to know who the Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers are in Bundaberg.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Queensland, the average solar system is 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. Bundaberg homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Suppose you consume more energy than the average home, or maybe, you’re thinking of adding a solar battery or an electric vehicle. Consider installing a bigger solar system.
In fact, we highly recommend sizing up especially now that electrification in Australia is moving forward rapidly. The changes that it will bring will impact your future electricity needs. By upsizing as early as now, you can save more money and time down the road.
Solar rebates and incentives in Bundaberg, QLD
Queensland doesn’t have available rebates yet for its residents, but they are entitled to receive solar incentives in Bundaberg that will help them save more money.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are redeemed in exchange for cash, which is then deducted from the solar system cost in Bundaberg. The number of STCs you get will vary and will be based on the solar system size and location.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers are the ones who provide FiTs. Bundaberg residents are eligible for FiTs when they send excess energy from their solar panels back into the grid. This is why we can’t emphasise enough how important it is to compare energy retailers.
The right solar system in Bundaberg
There are other factors to consider to get the most out of your solar system in Bundaberg:
- Roof condition: Check your roof’s condition before you install solar panels on your Bundaberg roof. Your roof should be in good condition before installation.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof can impact the efficiency of your solar panels. Ideally, the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the right solar system size for your Bundaberg home, get a clear idea of your energy consumption. You can do this by looking into your previous monthly energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may affect the solar panel efficiency of your Bundaberg. Trimming them down can solve the issue. Don’t worry because your solar panel installer in Bundaberg will help you find the best spot and position for your panels.
Additionally, your solar installer in Bundaberg will design a system to help you maximise your roof space whilst taking into account your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE solar quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Bundaberg?
A solar storage battery in Bundaberg will help you store your excess energy from your solar panels so you can use it at night or on cloudy days. Today, more brands on the market offer solar batteries. Below are some of the benefits that might just convince you to invest:
- Energy independence: The electrical grid isn’t fully stable, and with the increase of electricity rates, it only makes sense to find an alternative. When you have a solar battery in Bundaberg, you get to reduce your grid dependency and even make your home fully self-sufficient. You can also save more on energy bills.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Bundaberg, but they can be a huge inconvenience. Make sure you’re protected from the unexpected with a solar battery. Solar batteries, like the Tesla Powerwall, can help you during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you get credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Bundaberg back into the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Bundaberg
The Queensland Government is actively helping residents afford renewable energy. For EVs, Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. They also plan to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
To add to this, EV owners are eligible for lower stamp duty—EVs up to $10,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
The QLD government is also rolling out EV charging infrastructure and has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway that runs almost the full length of the coast. Currently, it is the longest intrastate network globally.
Also, there are 10,000 EVs in Queensland, and the $45 million EV strategy guarantees 100 per cent eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. They also added the new TransLink-funded bus to their fleet.
So, if you are planning to get an EV in Bundaberg, check out the other benefits below:
- Lower costs: Running and maintaining an EV are more affordable.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050, and you can help achieve this goal by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium in the world, and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. When you have an EV, you can help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Bundaberg solar panels
For a mid-range home in Bundaberg, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will depend on your consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.