On This Page
Burleigh Heads is a Queensland suburb between Surfers Paradise and Coolangatta. It boasts a world-class point break, beautiful beaches, and a lively dining scene that will excite foodies and non-foodies alike.
If you’re curious about the potential benefits of solar energy in this vibrant Queensland suburb, obtaining free solar quotes from reputable providers like Energy Matters can provide valuable insights.
Understanding the practical aspects of solar installations tailored to your specific location ensures that you make the right decisions, enhancing both the eco-friendliness and energy efficiency of your home.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Burleigh Heads*
Total Installed Capacity in Burleigh Heads (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Burleigh Heads, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Burleigh Heads, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Burleigh Heads
A Clean Energy Regulator (CER) report shows that QLD has over 900,000 small-scale solar systems installed across the state at the beginning of 2023. This is one of the reasons that put the state on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030.
That said, it’s the perfect time to switch to solar in Burleigh Heads. Getting the right solar system is important, which is why you need to take the time to find the right solar installer in Burleigh Heads. Fortunately, there are a lot of solar installers in Burleigh Heads that you can find.
To prevent fly-by-night solar installers in Burleigh Heads, we recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system in Burleigh Heads initially. This is to prepare you for the electrification that is sweeping across the country fast, which will impact your future energy needs. A bigger solar system will also help you save more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Burleigh Heads, QLD
There are no available rebates in Queensland, but nationwide solar rebates and incentives may be applied.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can get significant discounts on the upfront costs and installation of your rooftop solar panels in Burleigh Heads with STCs. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your rooftop solar panels.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Your energy retailer will provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives by clicking here.
The right solar system in Burleigh Heads
Consider a few things before installing rooftop solar panels in Burleigh Heads. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Burleigh Heads.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Burleigh Heads, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will help you find the average monthly energy consumption of your home.
- Surrounding shade: Shade that is caused by trees surrounding your property may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Burleigh Heads. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Mermaid Waters will help find the right spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Burleigh Heads will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Burleigh Heads?
When you have a solar battery in Burleigh Heads, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Then, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Burleigh Heads.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Burleigh Heads, but it’s best you’re prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the many solar batteries you can choose from today that can protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Burleigh Heads back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Mermaid Waters, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Burleigh Heads
Half of the light vehicle sales in the state of Victoria will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs) through the Ze
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Burleigh Heads.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Burleigh Heads:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!ro Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, supported by a $100 million package of programs and policies that ensures the state becomes a leader in the adoption of ZEVs in the country. With this, it will place the state to take advantage of this global shift toward technology.
It’s also worth noting the Greens Electric Vehicle Rapid Updates Plan that will help the state become more sustainable.
With all of these plans, it only makes sense to switch to EVs today; and with that, there are more EVs to be launched. Here are the benefits you can get when you purchase an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more cost-effective to run, plus, they are simpler to maintain.
- Meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is committed to reaching net zero by 2050, and switching to EV can make you a part of this wonderful change.
- More economic opportunities: Take advantage of a stronger economy and a huge amount of savings when you switch to an EV. As Australia is the biggest lithium exporter in the world, and solar batteries are primarily made of lithium, you will be investing in Australian jobs.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Burleigh Heads solar panels
For a mid-range home in Burleigh Heads, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.