On This Page
Busby in New South Wales (NSW) is a quiet and beautiful suburb with a great park and several schools. The suburb was named after James Busby, a pioneer viticulturist who is known as the father of the Australian wine industry.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Busby*
Total Installed Capacity in Busby (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Busby, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Busby, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Busby
The NSW government is continually working to meet its net zero goal. Today, renewable energy sources are more affordable and accessible across the state. The Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO) estimates the total installed capacity of PV systems will be 6,070 MW for residential properties in NSW by 2038.
With that, now is the perfect time to start your solar journey. The most important thing is to find the best solar system in Busby. To make this happen, you need to find the right solar installer in Busby.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system equipped with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We also recommend getting a bigger solar system initially, which can bring significant cost savings. Why? Electrification is going at a supercharged pace across the country, which will impact your future energy needs. Getting a bigger solar system can ensure you’re prepared for the changes and it will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Busby, NSW
Swap for Solar
Aimed at low-income households, Swap for Solar allow eligible homeowners to swap their Low-Income Household Rebate and get a 3kW solar system in exchange, which includes installation at zero costs.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Suppose you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead for energy upgrades. This will provide homeowners with free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Homeowners with solar systems in Australia can receive STCs. They can be traded in exchange for a discount on the upfront costs of the solar system installation.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Homeowners who export excess energy into the grid from their solar system can get FiTs from their energy retailers. Thus, it is the energy retailer who will set the FiT rates.
The right solar system in Busby
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Busby, you need to consider a few things. Some of them are:
- Roof condition: It’s crucial that your roof is in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Busby.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof is tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, you should look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will give you information on your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees around your home may affect the efficiency of your solar system in Busby. You can trim them down and your solar installer in Busby will find the perfect spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Busby, NSW?
A solar battery in Busby will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you get the following benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Busby.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Busby, but there’s no harm in being prepared. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you save even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Busby
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Busby solar panels
A mid-range home in Busby can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.