Solar Power In Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
Energy Matters installs quality solar panels and battery systems in New South Wales, including Byron Bay (postcode: 2481) and the Richmond Valley - Coastal region - we have a large network of accredited solar installers throughout NSW.
Byron Bay not your location? Search for your own town, city or suburb
Installing solar in Byron Bay
New South Wales, 2481
The following details estimate output for systems installed in Byron Bay , plus other useful solar power related information and statistics relevant to the Richmond Valley - Coastal region. For expert advice on a system to suit your needs, including battery storage options, call our friendly New South Wales team on 133-SUN.
Byron Bay's solar energy resources
On average, Byron Bay receives solar irradiation levels of around 4.51 kilowatt hours per square metre daily. Ideally, solar panels installed in Byron Bay should face a Northerly direction. Acceptable panel angle range is 13° to 23° and the optimal angle is 18°. On typical rooftop PV installations, actual installation angle will be determined by roof inclination.
Estimated system performance in Byron Bay
This information applies to north facing and unshaded solar power systems installed in Byron Bay and is based on components well suited to Richmond - Tweed area conditions.
1.59kW (6 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Byron Bay: 6.453 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) output: 4.0176 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) output: 8.8398 kWh**
- Average annual output: 2355 kWh**
- Annual electricity value: $706 **
- Get a quote for a system installed in Byron Bay
3.18kW (12 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Byron Bay: 12.906 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) production: 8.0352 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) production: 17.6796 kWh**
- Average annual production: 4711 kWh**
- Estimated annual electricity value: $1413 **
- Get online quote for a system installed in Byron Bay
5.3kW (20 x 265 Watt solar panels)
- Average daily system output in Byron Bay: 21.51 kWh**
- Minimum daily (monthly average) system output: 13.392 kWh**
- Maximum daily (monthly average) solar output: 29.466 kWh**
- Average annual output of this system: 7852 kWh**
- Approximate value of this electricity annually: $2355 **
- Get a solar quote for a system installed in Byron Bay
Solar installations in Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
There are 1181 solar PV installations in Byron Bay's postcode, 2481, totaling 3950.14 kW of capacity. The 2481 postcode accounts for 0.077% of all the solar installations in Australia.
The map below shows installations Energy Matters and its parent company has performed in the Byron Bay area.
The average system size in Byron Bay is 3.34kW and the Australian average is 3.15kW.
System owners in Byron Bay's postcode area are generating an average of 17815 kWh daily, saving them collectively approximately $160336 monthly and $1950757 annually**. The electricity produced by arrays in the 2481 postcode is enough to fully power 1097 Australian homes.
Byron Bay solar carbon offset
System owners in Byron Bay's postcode are collectively avoiding 6503 tonnes (coal fired power) or 2601 tonnes (gas fired power) of carbon emissions each year; the equivalent of taking 934 - 2334 cars off Byron Bay's roads.
Byron Bay, New South Wales regional boundaries
Other related Byron Bay information
Byron Bay's coordinates are -28.643387,153.612224 and its weather station is located at Coolangatta Aws Aut. Coolangatta Aws Aut weather station reports the following average readings:
- Solar irradiation in Byron Bay: 4.51 kWh/sq m/day
- Wind speed: 4.18 m/s
- Air pressure: 100.05 kPa
- Humidity: 66.61%
- Air temperature: 19.97 degrees C
- Earth temperature:22.36 degrees C
** Notes on system performance in Byron Bay
Figures above are approximations only - e.g., the retail value of electricity for Byron Bay households is based on 30c per kilowatt hour.
Considering buying solar panels?
We have accredited installers servicing Byron Bay and the Richmond Valley - Coastal region. For more NSW solar power information, request a quick solar quote, view our current specials on fully installed solar power systems in New South Wales or call our Byron Bay hotline on 133 SUN.
Home Battery Systems In Byron Bay
Join Byron Bay's energy storage revolution! We supply and install home battery storage and battery-ready solar panel systems in Byron Bay and the Richmond Valley - Coastal region. Call our New South Wales team on 133-SUN for more information.