On This Page
Carindale in Queensland (QLD) is a suburb that offers some of the best shopping experiences and walking tracks in the state. It is only a few minutes away from the CBD lined with leafy streets and beautiful homes.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Carindale*
Total Installed Capacity in Carindale (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Carindale, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV Carindale, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Carindale
The transition to solar energy is growing at a fast pace all over Australia, and Queensland is one of the states that are making huge strides to commit to renewable energy. If you’re in Carbondale and you’re ready to be part of this significant change, then you’re on the right page.
To start off your solar journey, the first thing to do is to find a solar installer in Carindale. There are many solar installers in Carindale today, which may be overwhelming for many. That’s why Energy Matters is here to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
We highly recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels that will make your purchase worth it. In addition, they can honour their warranties because they are financially stable.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Remember, most solar installers in Carindale have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. So, if you’re particular about the brand, it is really important to shop around.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland are equipped with solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend is to get a bigger solar system in Carindale initially. As mentioned, the rapid pace of electrification in the country will surely impact your future energy needs. When you have a bigger solar system in Carindale as early as now, you get to save more money.
Additionally, you have more room for a solar battery and an electric vehicle, which will be rampant in the coming months and years.
Solar rebates and incentives in Carindale, QLD
Currently, the QLD government doesn’t offer any solar rebates, but this doesn’t mean homeowners and business owners in Carindale won’t get incentives for owning a solar system. To stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The solar incentives available to Carindale residents are the following:
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be redeemed for cash and deducted from the overall cost of the solar system. The amount of STCs depends on the size and location of the rooftop solar panels in Carindale, QLD.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are provided by your energy retailer when you export excess energy back into the grid. The FiT rates vary based on your energy retailer; hence, you should compare energy retailers to ensure you get the best FiT rates.
You don’t need to worry about applying for this as your chosen solar company will be the one to handle the application on your behalf and apply the value as a discount at the point of sale.
The right solar system in Carindale
There are a few important factors to consider before installing rooftop solar panels in Carindale. They are the following:
- Roof condition: It’s crucial your roof is in excellent condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Carindale. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspection service for this.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your home in Carindale, you have to know your average monthly energy consumption. To get this information, you can refer to your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees cause shade that may impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Carindale. That’s why you should trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Carindale will help find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Also, your solar installer in Carindale will design a solar system to allow you to maximise your roof space whilst considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Carindale?
A solar battery in Carindale will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you will have power during blackouts, overcast days or at night.
- Energy independence: The grid has been unstable, and homeowners in Carindale are looking for ways to reduce their dependency on it. A solar battery is an effective way to gain energy independence and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Carindale, but they can be a major inconvenience when it happens. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Carindale back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Carindale today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Carindale
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Carindale. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Carindale:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Carindale solar panels
For a mid-range home in Carindale, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.