On This Page
Childers in Queensland (QLD), also known as “Historic Childers – The National Trust Town”, is abundant in historic buildings. Indeed, it is one of the towns in QLD that are still preserved and a hot spot for tourists.
Childers carries an old charm and is surrounded by farms and natural landscapes.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Childers*
Total Installed Capacity in Childers (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Childers, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Childers, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Childers
Childers is also a good spot for solar energy, and if you’re planning to make a switch, the first step is to find the right solar installer. With the right solar installer in Childers, you can guarantee the best solar system that matches your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. In addition, they are known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Another thing to keep in mind is that most solar installers in Childers have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you have a brand in mind, we encourage you take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in QLD have 6.6 kW of PV panels installed with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
If possible, we recommend sizing up with the rapid electrification in the country today, which will impact your future energy needs. You can save more money in the long run by getting a bigger solar system.
Solar rebates and incentives in Childers, QLD
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
You can redeem STCs that will be deducted from the overall cost of the system. It works like a discount coupon that you can get when you install rooftop solar panels in Childers, QLD. However, the amount of STCs will depend on the size of your solar system and its location.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Your energy retailer will provide the FiTs, which you will get when you export excess energy back into the grid. FiTs work like passive income, meaning your Childers solar system will pay for itself in a few years.
There are some energy retailers who provide higher FiT rates, and this is why you need to take the time to compare energy retailers.
Currently, the QLD state government doesn’t offer any solar rebates. However, you can stay up to date with solar rebates and incentives here.
The right solar system in Childers
When choosing a solar system in Childers, you need to ensure you get the best one for you. With that, you need to consider the following factors:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Childers.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tiled at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home in Childers, you need to get your average monthly energy consumption. You can refer to your previous energy bills to get an idea.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may impact the efficiency of your solar panels in Childers, QLD. Trimming them down will help, and your solar installer will also help find the right spot for your solar panels in Childers.
In addition, your solar installer in Childers will design a system that maximises your roof space while considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Childers?
A solar storage battery in Childers will let you store excess energy from your solar panels that you can use throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Here are the benefits you can get when you have a solar battery in Childers, QLD:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient with a solar battery in Childers.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Childers, but they can be inconvenient when they do. With a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, you can have power even during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when you receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Childers back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Toowoomba today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Childers
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Toowoomba. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared ti fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Toowoomba:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Childers solar panels
For a mid-range home in Childers, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.