On This Page
Situated between Mount Nathan and Witheren, Clagiraba in Queensland (QLD) is a rural suburb. The suburb is named after Clagiraba Creek, derived from the indigenous name “Kalagareebah,” which means young or single men’s ground.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Clagiraba*
Total Installed Capacity in Clagiraba (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Clagiraba, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Clagiraba, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Clagiraba
A growing number of households and businesses in Queensland are taking advantage of solar energy due to electrification that is going at a supercharged pace in Australia. If you’re also planning to make the switch here in Clagiraba, then you’re on the right track.
We at Energy Matters will help you get the right solar system in Clagiraba. Your first step is to find the right solar installer in Clagiraba.
There are many solar installers in Clagiraba, and this can be overwhelming. The good news is, we can help you find a solar installer who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
We recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who these manufacturers are, you can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Most solar installers in Clagiraba have a preferred solar panel manufacturer already. So, if you’re particular about the brand, we suggest you take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have 6.6 kW of PV panels installed with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another thing we recommend here at Energy Matters is to size up where possible. As mentioned, the country’s electrification is going quickly, which will impact your future energy needs. When you get a bigger solar system in Clagiraba as early as now, you can save more money, and you’re better prepared to accommodate your energy needs in the future.
A bigger solar system in Clagiraba is also beneficial when you have plans to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery soon.
Solar rebates and incentives in Clagiraba, QLD
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided to all Australians with solar systems on their properties. You can redeem STCs for cash, and it will be deducted from the cost of your system. The amount of STCs will depend on the size of your solar system and its location.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
When you export excess energy back into the grid, your energy retailer will award you with FiTs. Some energy retailers provide higher FiT rates, which is why you need to take the time to compare energy retailers.
Currently, the Queensland State Government doesn’t offer any solar rebates. You can stay up to date with solar rebates and incentives here.
The right solar system in Clagiraba
There are also a few important factors to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Clagiraba. They are the following:
- Roof condition: It’s important that your roof is in excellent condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Clagiraba. We recommend hiring a professional roof inspection company to check the roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels in Clagiraba, you need to know your average monthly energy consumption. To do this, you can refer to your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade and affect the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Clagiraba. You can trim them down, and your solar installer in Clagiraba will help you find the perfect spot for your solar panels.
Your solar installer in Clagiraba will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your current and future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Clagiraba?
When you have a solar battery in Clagiraba, you can store excess energy generated by your solar panels. Therefore, you will have power throughout the night, on overcast days or during blackouts. Here are the other things you can get when you have a solar battery in Clagiraba:
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Clagiraba, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Clagiraba, but they can be inconvenient. Make sure you have power even during blackouts with a solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Clagiraba back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Clagiraba today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Clagiraba
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Clagiraba. Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government also plans to have at least 288 EVs in their government fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, there are more EV models that are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Clagiraba:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Clagiraba solar panels
For a mid-range home in Clagiraba, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you get to save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.