On This Page
Cobar in New South Wales (NSW), is also known as The Copper City. The city has a rich mining heritage and natural attractions you can enjoy. A popular spot here is the New Cobar Open Cut Gold Mind and Peak Gold Mine.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cobar*
Total Installed Capacity in Cobar (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Cobar, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cobar, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cobar
Around 20 per cent of homes in Cobar have rooftop solar panels installed, as the city experiences 4.8 hours of peak sun per day, making it one of the best spots for solar energy. Consider it an excellent time to switch to solar, and the first step is to find a solar installer in Cobar.
You can choose from plenty of solar installers in Cobar, which we understand can be overwhelming. Energy Matters recommends you choose from Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, one thing to remember is that most solar installers in Cobar have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. That’s why you need to take the time to gather multiple quotes, especially if you are particular about the brand.
To help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent of solar panels than your inverter is rated at.
We recommend you get a bigger solar system with the rapid electrification that’s taking place in the country today. Sooner or later, this will impact your future energy needs. So, by getting a bigger solar system initially, you can better accommodate your energy needs, especially if you plan to buy a solar battery or an electric vehicle. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cobar, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Cobar may be eligible for Swap for Solar, which lets homeowners swap their Low-Income Household Rebate in exchange for a 3kW solar system with installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
If you’re not eligible for Swap for Solar, you can get a rebate swap instead. With this, you can get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to homeowners and businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value will depend on the supply and demand in the market.
Every solar system in Cobar is assigned a specific amount of STCs. Hence, the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are given by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into your grid. Your energy retailer will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Cobar
There are factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Cobar. They are the following:
- Roof condition: Your roof must be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Cobar.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels in Cobar that you need, you can look into your previous energy bills. With this, you’ll be able to get a clear of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade that will impact the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Cobar. Trimming them down is a good idea, whilst your solar installer in Cobar will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Cobar, NSW?
With a solar battery in Cobar, you can store excess energy generated by your solar system. As a result, you can use the stored energy to power your home throughout the night, during blackouts or on overcast days.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Cobar, you can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Cobar, but they can be inconvenient when they do. You can find many solar batteries today, and one of them is the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your solar battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cobar
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cobar solar panels
A mid-range home in Cobar can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.