On This Page
Described as the “Peaches and Cream Country,” Cobram in Victoria (VIC) is known for, what else but peaches, as well as apricots, nectarines, and pears. In addition, the area is known for its olive oil that comes from Cobram Estate and the Murray Goulburn Cooperative.
The area has beautiful white sandy beaches and native bushland, which makes it a tourist destination. Moreover, you will find Australia’s largest inland beach here, which is Thompson’s Beach.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cobram*
Total Installed Capacity in Cobram (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Cobram, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cobram, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cobram
If you live in Cobram and thinking of getting rooftop solar panels, then you must find the right solar installer first. By finding the right solar installer in Cobram, you can guarantee that they will consider your energy needs, budget, and personal preference to ensure you get the right rooftop solar system.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in Cobram have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. So, if you are particular about the brand, then you should take the time to compare multiple quotes first.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are the ones that are financially stable and can honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
To know who they are, you can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated annually.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, the average solar system size is 6.6 kW of panels with a 5 kW inverter. Homeowners can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
We recommend sizing up where possible, considering the pace of electrification today; your future energy needs are bound to change. This is also a good move if you plan to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle. In the long run, you can save more money when you size up as early as now.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cobram, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are given to Cobram residents, which are rebates applied to the initial purchase price of your solar system. So, when you choose to install rooftop solar panels in Cobram, you can get a certain number of STCs that you can exchange for cash. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary depending on the expected solar system energy output through its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
Eligible households in Cobram may get a rebate of up to $1,400 off on the cost of their solar panels through the Victoria Solar Homes Programs. Those with solar batteries may get a rebate of up to $2,950, whilst those with solar hot water systems may get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given for the excess energy that is sent back to the grid for every kWh of power exported. In Victoria, there are two types of FiTs:
- Single-rate FiT: Applies one rate for all energy produced.
- Time-varying FiT: Applies different rates at different times of the day.
The peak times are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays, the you can earn the highest FiT.
The right solar system in Cobram
There are several factors to consider to ensure you get the right solar system in Cobram:
- Roof condition: It’s important that your roof is in excellent condition before you get rooftop solar panels installed in Cobram.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the roof angle must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the solar panels that you need for your home in Cobram, check your previous energy bills to get an idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may compromise the efficiency of your solar panels. Trimming them down is recommended, whilst your solar installer in Cobram will help you find the best location for your solar system.
Do you need a solar battery in Cobram, VIC?
With a solar battery in Cobram, you can store excess energy that you can use on overcast days, during blackouts or throughout the night. Other benefits of a solar battery in Cobram includes:
- Energy independence: The electric grid has long been unstable, and energy prices continue to rise. You can make your home fully self-sufficient and reduce grid dependency when you get a solar battery in Cobram.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely happen in Cobram, but when they do, you don’t want to be caught in the dark without power. A solar battery in Cobram, like the Tesla Powerwall, can power your home during blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
Today, there are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Cobram, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cobram
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Cobram. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cobram solar panels
For a mid-range home in Cobram, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Nown
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers in Melbourne now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.