On This Page
Collingwood Park in Queensland (QLD) is a residential suburb with great schools and shopping centres. It’s also close to railways and highways. Many parks are here, such as the Dodrill Park and Goupong Park.
Exploring sustainable energy options for your home in Collingwood Park, Queensland? Consider harnessing the abundant sunshine in the region by exploring solar solutions.
We offer free solar quotes tailored to your specific needs. Understanding the potential for solar power in your area can be a valuable step toward a more eco-friendly and cost-effective energy solution. Now, back to the charm of Collingwood Park: with its excellent schools, convenient shopping centers, and proximity to railways and highways, this residential suburb provides a well-rounded living experience surrounded by natural beauty.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Collingwood Park*
Total Installed Capacity in Collingwood Park (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Collingwood Park, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Collingwood Park, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Collingwood Park
A Clean Energy Regulator (CER) report showed that over 900,000 small-scale solar systems were installed across Queensland at the beginning of 2023. Thus, this puts the state on track to reach its 50 per cent renewable energy capacity goal by 2030.
With this news, it only makes sense to switch to solar energy now, whilst it’s accessible and affordable. The most important thing here is to find the right solar system for you.
You need to find the right solar installer in Collingwood Park first. We understand the process can be overwhelming because of the many solar installers in Collingwood Park to choose from; that’s why we’re here to help.
We recommend getting solar systems from Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers at Energy Matters. They are known to produce higher-quality solar panels, and they can honour their warranties with their high bankability.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated yearly.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
- REC Solar
- LONGi Solar
- Powerwave solar
- Hyundai Energy Solutions
- Jinko Solar
- Axitec Solar
- SunPower Maxeon
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have solar systems with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Another important consideration when transitioning to solar is the electrification that is going at a supercharged pace across the country. This will impact your future energy needs, which is why we highly encourage homeowners to buy a bigger solar system initially. Doing so will prepare you for the changes ahead and save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Collingwood Park, QLD
Despite the lack of a statewide rebate, homeowners can still take advantage of solar rebates and incentives in Collingwood Park.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs deliver discounts on the upfront costs of your rooftop solar panels in Collingwood Park. However, the amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of the rooftop solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
The right solar system in Collingwood Park
Before installing rooftop solar panels in Collingwood Park, there are a few things you should consider:
- Roof condition: Have your roof inpected professionally before installing rooftop solar panels in Collingwood Park. It’s crucial your roof is in tip-top shape before installation begins.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need in Collingwood Park, look into your previous energy bills. This will help you have a clearer idea on your average monthly consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Shade caused by trees may compromise the efficiency of your rooftop solar system in Collingwood Park. You can trim them down whilst your solar installer in Collingwood Park will find the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Collingwood Park will also design a system allowing you to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Collingwood Park?
When you have a solar battery in Collingwood Park, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels.
- Energy independence: A solar battery in Collingwood Park can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts are rare in Collingwood Park, but there’s no harm in being prepared. The Tesla Powerwall is among the solar batteries you can get today.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Wynnum back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Collingwood Park, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Collingwood Park
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Collingwood Park.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Collingwood Park:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Collingwood Park solar panels
For a mid-range home in Collingwood Park, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.