On This Page
Coogee in New South Wales (NSW) is a beachside haven that embodies the best of coastal living with a relaxed Aussie flair. Located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, this suburb is famous for its sun-soaked beaches, stunning ocean views, and a laid-back vibe that’s perfect for beach lovers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Coogee Beach is the star of the show, where locals and visitors alike flock to soak up the sun, swim in the clear waters, and enjoy beachside picnics. The iconic Coogee Pavilion is a popular hangout, offering delicious food, drinks, and even rooftop views of the coastline.
With its welcoming community, breathtaking coastal views, and a relaxed beach vibe, Coogee is a beach lover’s paradise right in the heart of Sydney. It’s a place where the sound of the waves and the warmth of the sun make every day feel like a beach holiday.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Coogee*
Total Installed Capacity in Coogee (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Coogee, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Coogee, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Coogee
More families in the state are moving to solar energy as a result of the NSW government’s initiatives to increase accessibility and lower the price of renewable energy sources.
According to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO), the state’s installed PV capacity will increase to 6,070 MW by 2038.
Finding the finest solar installer in Coogee is the first step in making the switch to solar energy. Fortunately, there are many different solar installers in Coogee.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Coogee will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Coogee, NSW
The government of New South Wales (NSW) provides incentives and subsidies to promote the use of solar energy.
Swap for Solar
Low-Income Household Rebates can be used to pay for the installation costs of a 3kW system for low-income households.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
If you don’t qualify for a Swap for Solar, you might be able to trade in your energy-saving modifications for cash. By replacing your appliances, you could be qualified for a free home energy analysis worth up to $4,000.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are simple to obtain for Australians with solar panels installed in their homes. Therefore, Coogee homeowners are protected by insurance. STCs are given out by the Australian Federal Government, but the price is set by the market’s supply and demand. The total value of these STCs will be subtracted from the value of the complete solar system because each solar system is only allowed a certain amount of STCs.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Coogee
Coogee homeowners should consider the following factors before installing rooftop solar panels:
- Roof condition: It’s important to think about your roof’s condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Coogee.
- Roof angle: The ideal roof angle for a particular region depends on the latitude of the home’s location.
- Energy usage: To determine the number of solar panels you need for your home, you must know your average monthly energy usage. You will need to provide your previous energy bills in this situation.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from nearby trees or other structures may cause the solar panels on your roof to operate less efficiently. You may choose the best location for your rooftop solar panels with the assistance of your Coogee solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Coogee, NSW?
If you have a solar battery, you may store the energy generated by your Coogee rooftop solar panels. The benefits of owning a solar battery are as follows:
- Energy independence: By building a solar battery, residents of Coogee can fully eliminate or drastically reduce their reliance on the grid.
- Protection from blackouts: Even though Coogee doesn’t experience many power outages, solar batteries can still help you be prepared for them when they do. The Tesla Powerwall is one of the solar batteries you can get right now.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Coogee
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Coogee solar panels
A mid-range home in Coogee can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.