On This Page
Coomera in Queensland (QLD) was known as the theme park capital of the Gold Coast—it’s popular because of the fun that it provides. Now, it’s a family-friendly neighbourhood that is safe and close to everything.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Coomera*
Total Installed Capacity in Coomera (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Coomera, QLD
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Coomera, QLD by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Coomera
Queensland, being known as the “sunshine state” is on track to meet its 50 per cent renewable energy generating capacity goal by 2030. The Clean Energy Regulator (CER) recently recorded over 900,000 small-scale solar systems installed across the state at the beginning of 2023.
That said, solar energy is growing in the state, which makes now the perfect time to begin your solar journey in Coomera. Your first step is to find a solar installer in Coomera who will consider your energy needs, personal preference, and budget. The good thing is that you can choose from many solar installers in Coomera.
Choosing the right solar installer can be overwhelming, which is why Energy Matters is here to help. We recommend you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they are known to have high bankability, which allows them to honour their warranties.
You can find them by checking out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in Queensland have solar systems with 6.6 kW of PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Electrification is going at a supercharged pace across the country, and it makes a lot of economic sense to get a bigger solar system from the get-go. Your energy needs will change soon, and by getting a bigger solar system in Coomera now, you can save more money and prepare yourself for a green future.
Solar rebates and incentives in Coomera, QLD
Currently, no state rebate is available, but nationwide rebates and incentives are available.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs can be used as a discount that will reduce the upfront cost of your rooftop solar panels in Coomera. The amount of STCs you get will vary based on the size and location of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
Energy retailers in Australia provide FiTs when you export excess energy into the grid. Therefore, your energy retailer is the one who will set the FiT rate.
You can stay up-to-date with solar rebates and incentives, click here.
The right solar system in Coomera
There are a few things to consider when installing rooftop solar panels in Coomera.
- Roof condition: Your roof should be excellent before installing rooftop solar panels in Coomera. Hiring a professional roof inspector to help you with this is smart.
- Roof angle: The angle of your roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need for your Coomera home, get your average monthly energy consumption. This will provide you with information on your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property may cause shade, which can affect the efficiency of your solar system. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer in Coomera can choose the perfect spot for your rooftop solar panels.
Your solar installer in Coomera will also design a system to maximise your roof space while considering your future energy needs.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar battery in Coomera
When you have a solar battery in Coomera, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. Below are the benefits:
- Energy independence: Reduce your grid dependence with a solar battery in Coomera. This can also make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: There are a lot of solar batteries you can get today, like the Tesla Powerwall. This can help protect you from blackouts.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money when your receive credits for sharing the power stored by your home solar battery in Coomera back to the grid.
The good news is that there a lot of brands and types of solar batteries that you can get in Kurwongbah, QLD today.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Coomera
The Queensland Government continues to make EVs more affordable in Coomera.
Queenslanders can get up to a $3,000 rebate for EVs priced at less than $58,000. Moreover, the QLD government plans to have at least 288 EVs in their fleet this year.
Also, note that EVs and hybrids pay lower stamp duty compared to fuel-powered vehicles. EVs up to $100,000 pay a two per cent duty, whilst those over $100,000 pay a four per cent duty.
Aside from these, QLD is speeding the roll-out of EV charging infrastructure. In fact, QLD has pioneered EV chargers in Australia with the Queensland Electric Super Highway, which runs almost the full length of the coast and is the longest intrastate network in the world.
Today, there are 10,000 EVs registered in QLD, and the government’s $45 million EV strategy will guarantee that 100 per cent of eligible QLD government passenger vehicles are zero-emission by 2025. The new TransLink-funded bus was also added to the fleet.
With the developments, more EV models are expected to launch. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, here are the benefits you can get from an EV in Beachmere:
- Lower costs: EVs are easier to run and more affordable to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia is on a mission to reach net zero by 2050. When you switch to an EV, you get to be one of the people who helped the nation achieve its goal.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the biggest exporter of lithium globally; and EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Your EV will help maintain the lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Coomera solar panels
For a mid-range home in Coomera, the return on investment for your solar panels can take two to six years. Of course, this will still depend on your consumption and usage pattern. Think of it this way—the more you consume solar, the more you save on your energy bills.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.