On This Page
Cowra in New South Wales (NSW) is a prosperous rural service town that is surrounded by beautiful vineyards and farmlands. There are delicious local foods, wine, rich art, culture, and events. It’s also a town that evokes its strong connection to Japan in the likes of the Japanese Garden, Japanese cemetery, and the Sakura Walk.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cowra*
Total Installed Capacity in tCowra (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Cowra, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cowra, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cowra
Roughly 14 per cent of homes in Cowra have rooftop solar panels installed, as the town receives 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. This is also the reason behind the growing number of homeowners switching to solar energy.
The first step here is to find a solar installer in Cowra. With the right solar installer in Cowra, they will help find the best solar system by considering your energy needs, budget, and personal preference.
One thing to remember is that most solar installers in NSW have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. If you have a brand in mind, then it’s best to take the time to shop around.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they produce higher-quality solar panels. Besides that, they are financially stable that can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 Solar PV Module Manufacturer List, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. However, we recommend sizing up where possible with the fast-paced electrification in the country. Initially, buying a bigger solar system can accommodate its impact on your future energy needs, especially if you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cowra, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Cowra may be eligible for a Swap for Solar that will help reduce energy bills. You can swap your Low-Income Household Rebate for a 3kW solar system, which includes installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
Those not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. This will give you free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
The Australian federal government provides STCs to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. An STC’s value varies depending on the supply and demand in the market. With this, every solar system is assigned a specific number of STCs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of the solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
Those who export excess energy back into the grid will be given FiTs, which energy retailers provide. It is your energy retailer that will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Cowra
There are some factors to consider to ensure you get the right rooftop solar panels in Cowra:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before you install rooftop solar panels in Cowra.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To determine the number of solar panels you need, look into your previous energy bills. Doing so will ensure you have a clearer idea of your monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which can affect the efficiency of your solar system. You can trim them down, whilst your solar installer in Cowra will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Cowra, NSW?
A solar battery in Cowra will let you store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. You can use this energy during blackouts, throughout the night or on overcast days. Some other benefits of a solar battery in Cowra are:
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency when you have a solar battery in Cowra. In addition, you also get the chance to make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Cowra, but they can be inconvenient. You can get many solar batteries in Cowra today, such as the Tesla Powerwall.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cowra
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cowra solar panels
A mid-range home in Cowra can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Our professional solar installers Gloucester will assess and determine your energy needs. We customise a solar panel system in Maitland to fit the roof size of your properly, ensuring you receive the most suitable a solar panel system for your Regents Park home, meeting to property’s energy requirements.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.