On This Page
Cranbourne in Victoria (VIC) is a thriving suburb that has come a long way from its long history of farming and agriculture. Today, you can find different types of homes, plus world-class clubs and facilities for sports enthusiasts.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cranbourne*
Total Installed Capacity in Cranbourne (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Cranbourne, VIC
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cranbourne, VIC by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cranbourne
More and more households have rooftop solar panels in Victoria. And now, Cranbourne is catching up with around 22 per cent of homes now with rooftop solar panels.
There is no better time than now to switch to solar in Cranbourne, VIC. You can start by looking for a solar installer in Cranbourne that can accommodate your energy needs, personal preference, and budget.
We know that with the many solar installers in Cranbourne, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. The good news? We’re here to make it a lot easier for you.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers. They are the ones who are known to produce higher-quality solar panels and can honour their warranties.
You can check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Keep in mind most solar installers in Cranbourne have a preferred solar panel manufacturer. This is why we highly encourage you to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
For most homes in Victoria, you’ll find that they have a solar system size of 6.6 kW of PV panels with a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
To further help you make the most out of your solar system in Cranbourne, we recommend sizing up where possible. It is known that electrification in the country is on the rise, which will impact your future energy needs.
By getting a bigger solar system as early as now, you can save more money, especially if you have plans to purchase a solar battery or an electric vehicle.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cranbourne, VIC
Small-scale Technology Certificates
You can get STCs when you purchase a solar system in Cranboune that you can trade for cash. The amount of STCs you will get vary based on the output of your solar system throughout its lifespan.
Victoria Solar Homes Program
If you’re eligible for Victoria Solar Homes Program, you can get a rebate of up to $1,400 off the cost of your rooftop solar panels in Cranbourne. Households with solar batteries can get a rebate of up to $2,950 whilst those with hot water systems can get up to $1,000.
Feed-in Tariffs (FiTs)
FiTs are given to homeowners when they export excess energy back into the grid. There are two types of FiTs in Victoria—single-rate FiTs applies one rate for all energy produced and time-varying FiTs applies different rates at different times of the day.
To earn the higher FiTs, take note of the peak times, which are around 3 pm to 9 pm on weekdays.
The right solar system in Cranbourne
Some important factors must be considered to ensure you get the right solar system in Taylors Lakes.
- Roof condition: Make sure your roof is in perfect condition before installing rooftop solar panels in Cranbourne.
- Roof angle: The roof must be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your property’s location.
- Energy consumption: Determine the solar panels you need for your Cranbourne home by looking into previous energy bills. This will give you a general idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may reduce the efficiency of your rooftop solar panels in Cranbourne. One thing you can do is trim them down, whilst your solar installer will help you find the right spot for your solar system.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Cranbourne, VIC?
When you have a solar battery in Cranbourne, you can store energy generated by your rooftop solar panels. As a result, you have energy on overcast days, throughout the night or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: You can reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient when you have a solar battery in Cranbourne.
- Blackout protection: A solar battery, such as the Tesla Powerwall, can ensure you have power in your home even during a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can help you save even more money. You can gain credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back into the grid.
There are now many brands and types of solar batteries you can get in Cranbourne, VIC.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cranbourne
Through the Zero Emissions Vehicle Roadmap, half of the light vehicle sales in VIC will be Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs). Additionally, an increasing number of charging stations is a part of a broader initiative.
Therefore, this may result in EV uptake; with more EV models to be launched, it’s an exciting time to switch to EVs in Cranbourne. Here are some of the benefits you can get when you switch to an EV:
- Lower costs: You will find that EVs have lower running costs compared to fuel-power vehicles, and they are simpler to maintain.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can help meet this target by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Did you know that Australia is the biggest export of lithium globally? And EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you buy an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cranbourne solar panels
For a mid-range home in Cranbourne, you can expect a return on investment between two and six years. Keep in mind that how you consume energy and your usage pattern play important roles here.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free solar quote and find out what payment plan options are available.