On This Page
Cranebrook in New South Wales (NSW) is a peaceful residential suburb. Known for its family-friendly atmosphere and natural surroundings, it’s a haven for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. The suburb is dotted with parks, making it an ideal place for picnics, leisurely walks, and outdoor activities.
Cranebrook offers a range of amenities, including local shops, schools, and easy access to Penrith’s larger shopping and entertainment options.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Cranebrook*
Total Installed Capacity in Cranebrook (kW)*
*As of March 2023
Average solar production in Cranebrook, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Cranebrook, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Cranebrook
As a result of the state government’s measures to broaden access to and reduce the price of renewable energy sources, more NSW families are switching to solar energy.
The state will have installed PV capacity of more than 6,070 MW by 2038, according to the Australia Energy Market Operator (AEMO).
Making the switch to solar energy starts with choosing the best solar installer in Cranebrook. Therefore, your top priority should be selecting the best solar installer in Cranebrook.
We recommend choosing Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because of their high bankability, which lets them honour their warranties. They are also known to produce higher-quality solar panels.
Check out Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is updated every year.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
Most homes in NSW have a solar system with 6.6 kW PV panels and a 5 kW inverter. You can install up to 33 per cent more panels than the inverter is rated at.
Getting a bigger rooftop solar system initially is a good move, considering electrification is sweeping across the country fast. A bigger solar system in Cranebrook will prepare you for the changes to your future energy needs. In addition, this will save you more money in the long run.
Solar rebates and incentives in Cranebrook, NSW
The New South Wales (NSW) government offers incentives and subsidies to encourage the usage of solar power.
Swap for Solar
Families with low incomes may be qualified for subsidies that will pay for the installation of 3kW systems.
Rebate Swap for Energy Upgrades
You might be able to sell your energy-saving upgrades for money if you aren’t eligible for a Swap for Solar. You can be eligible for a free home energy study worth up to $4,000 by updating your appliances.
Small-Scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
Australians who have solar panels installed in their homes can easily obtain STCs. STCs are issued by the Australian Federal Government, but the market sets their price. Since each solar system is only permitted a specific number of STCs, the total value of these STCs will be deducted from the value of the entire solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT
Exporting excess energy into the grid will reward you with FiTs. Energy retailers are the ones who will award you with FiTs and set the rates.
The right solar system in Cranebrook
Before installing rooftop solar panels, Cranebrook property owners should take the following factors into account:
- Roof condition: Before installing rooftop solar panels in Cranebrook, it’s crucial to consider your roof’s condition.
- Roof angle: The latitude of the home’s location determines the appropriate roof angle for a given region.
- Energy usage: You must know your average monthly energy usage in order to calculate the quantity of solar panels you require for your home. In this case, you should review your previous energy bills.
- Surrounding shade: Shade from neighbouring trees or other structures may result in less effective operation of the solar panels on your roof. Before choosing where to install your rooftop solar panels, speak with your Cranebrook solar installer.
Do you need a solar battery in Cranebrook, NSW?
You may store the electricity your Cranebrook rooftop solar panels produce if you have a solar battery. Owning a solar battery has the following advantages:
- Energy independence: Cranebrook residents can completely eliminate or significantly reduce their reliance on the grid by constructing a solar battery.
- Protection from blackouts: Even if Cranebrook seldom experiences power outages, solar batteries can nevertheless help you be more prepared for them when they do. The Tesla Powerwall is currently regarded as one of the most popular choices.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can save you even more money as you get credits for sharing the power stored by your battery.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Cranebrook
The NSW Government also makes EVs more affordable by reducing upfront costs. For the first 25,000 eligible EVs sold, NSW residents can get $3,000 rebates. However, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. With the abolition of stamp duty, consumers can up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits of EVs:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. With this, you can save more money when you have an EV.
- Help meet the country’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can participate in this by switching to an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world. EV batteries are mainly made of lithium. Therefore, when you get an EV, you get to support the Australian lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Cranebrook solar panels
A mid-range home in Cranebrook can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.