On This Page
Crookwell in New South Wales (NSW) has beautiful private gardens and tree-lined streets. The historic town is also home to the country’s first commercial grid wind farm. It is also recognised as among the state’s top major producers of wool, fat lambs, beef cattle, oats, and other cold-climate fruits.
Total Installed Solar PV Systems in Crookwell*
Total Installed Capacity in Crookwell (kW)*
*As of August 2022
Average solar production in Crookwell, NSW
The following data shows the average daily solar PV production by month in Crookwell, NSW by a solar PV system. The data is based on a 6kW solar PV system in kilowatt-hours (kWh) rounded to the nearest whole number.
Compare solar panels in Crookwell
Around 15 per cent of households have rooftop solar panels in Crookwell, as the town receives around 4.8 hours of peak sun per day. Before you switch to solar energy, you need to find a solar installer in Crookwell first.
We understand that choosing a solar installer in Crookwell, NSW isn’t easy and can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help you out.
Energy Matters recommends you choose Tier 1 solar panel manufacturers because they can honour their warranties and they produce higher-quality solar panels.
You can refer to Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance Tier 1 PV Module Manufacturer list, which is released every year.
You should also know that most solar installers in Crookwell have preferred solar panel manufacturers, which is why you must take the time to compare multiple quotes.
Also, to help you with your search, Energy Matters has established solid partnerships with trusted and reliable solar panel manufacturers. They are:
Start your solar journey here with us by getting up to 3 FREE, no-obligation quotes. We have a large network of trusted, local installers to provide you with personalised quotes for a solar system to meet your current and future needs.
An average home in NSW has a 6.6 kW solar system with a 5 kW inverter. Another recommendation we have is to size up where possible to prepare for the rapid electrification in Australia today.
Buying a bigger solar system in Crookwell as early as now can better accommodate your future energy needs, especially if you plan to buy an electric vehicle or a solar battery.
Solar rebates and incentives in Crookwell, NSW
Swap for Solar
Low-income households in Crookwell may be eligible for Swap for Solar. If you’re eligible, you can swap your Low-Income Household Rebate to get a 3kW solar system, which will include the installation at zero cost.
Rebate swap for energy upgrades
On the other hand, households that are not eligible for Swap for Solar may get a rebate swap for energy upgrades. Doing so will allow you to get free home energy assessments for home appliance upgrades of up to $4,000.
Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs)
STCs are provided by the Australian federal government to households and businesses with renewable energy systems. The value of STC varies depending on the supply and demand in the market.
One thing to remember is that every solar system in Crookwell is assigned a specific number of STcs, and the total value of STCs will be deducted from the overall value of your solar system.
Feed-in Tariff (FiT)
FiTs are provided by energy retailers to households that export excess energy back into the grid. Therefore, it’s your energy retailer who will set the FiT rate.
The right solar system in Crookwell
There are several factors to consider to ensure you install the best rooftop solar panels in Crookwell:
- Roof condition: Your roof should be in perfect condition before rooftop solar panels in Crookwell are installed.
- Roof angle: Ideally, the angle of the roof should be tilted at the same angle as the latitude of your home’s location.
- Energy consumption: To know the number of solar panels you need in Crookwell, look into your previous energy bills. With this, you can get a clear idea of your average monthly energy consumption.
- Surrounding shade: Trees on your property or in your neighbour’s yard may cause shade, which may impact the efficiency of your solar system in Crookwell. Trimming them down will help, whilst your solar installer may help find the perfect spot for your solar system.
We recommend seeking at least 3 solar quotes to ensure that you are getting the best deal and a solar installer whom you can trust. Energy Matters has done most of the hard work for you! We have a nationwide network of trusted, local installers who are ready to contact you and provide a quote. Get up to 3 FREE quotes via our solar quote service.
Do you need a solar storage battery in Crookwell, NSW?
A solar battery in Crookwell, NSW, will allow you to store energy generated by your solar system. Therefore, you will have the power to use throughout the night, on cloudy days or during blackouts.
- Energy independence: When you have a solar battery in Crookwell, you get to reduce your grid dependency and make your home fully self-sufficient.
- Blackout protection: Blackouts rarely occur in Crookwell, but they can be inconvenient when they happen. A solar battery, like the Tesla Powerwall, will ensure you have power even if there’s a blackout.
- Cost savings: Participating in a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) can see you saving even more money. It will allow you to receive credits for sharing the power stored by your battery back to the grid.
Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Crookwell
The NSW Government is reducing the upfront cost for the first 25,000 eligibles EVs sold by offering $3,000 rebates. To be eligible, the EV should have a dutiable value of less than $68,750. Combined with the abolition of stamp duty, it will save consumers up to $5,540.
Here are the benefits you can get from an EV:
- Lower costs: EVs are more affordable to run and maintain. Therefore, you can save more money with an EV.
- Help meet the counter’s emissions target: Australia aims to reach net zero by 2050. You can be a part of this by simply driving an EV.
- More economic opportunities: Australia is the largest lithium exporter in the world, and EV batteries are primarily made of lithium. When you have an EV, you also support the country’s lithium industry.
Are you ready to make your next car an EV? Book a test drive today!
The return on investment on Crookwell solar panels
A mid-range home in Crookwell can see a return on investment between two and six years. However, it’s essential to consider your energy consumption and usage pattern.
Can’t afford to switch right Now?
If you don’t have the finances for solar right now, don’t let that stop you! Solar is an excellent investment. Many of our trusted solar installers now offer $0 upfront interest-free loans where you can pay off your system in small monthly instalments. You only need to request an obligation-free quote and find out what payment plan options are available.